LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adopting

Platinum Member
    What about the grandparents? Why are your parents taking the child?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Is your niece in a better place today? Does she plan to use birth control? Is she in school?
    No. She is not in school. Because of a stroke she had as a toddler she canít learn to read or write. She is 18 as of 2 weeks ago but has the capacity of someone who is most likely 12. She is going on disability. Her mom just lets her do as she pleases because she believes letting kids do what they want is love. My step sister hates rules which is why she ran away from home at 18 and got pregnant with her son 6 months later. ( he is almost the same age as my son and her youngest is 15 months old) My step sister has 6 kids 3 under the age of 5. And 6 kids with 3 different guys.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    What about the grandparents? Why are your parents taking the child?
    As I said the other grandma is a criminal and had her own kids taken away and my step sister is the other grandma and she has 6 kids of her own 3 of whom are under 5.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    No. She is not in school. Because of a stroke she had as a toddler she canít learn to read or write. She is 18 as of 2 weeks ago but has the capacity of someone who is most likely 12. She is going on disability. Her mom just lets her do as she pleases because she believes letting kids do what they want is love. My step sister hates rules which is why she ran away from home at 18 and got pregnant with her son 6 months later. ( he is almost the same age as my son and her youngest is 15 months old) My step sister has 6 kids 3 under the age of 5. And 6 kids with 3 different guys.
    I feel for these kids.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    As I said the other grandma is a criminal and had her own kids taken away and my step sister is the other grandma and she has 6 kids of her own 3 of whom are under 5.
    I was only referring to your side of the family.I couldn't understand why they would go to a great grandparent.

I was only referring to your side of the family.
    Grandma is my step sister who has 6 kids of her own and CAS said she has reached her level of incompetence, so no . And none of my step dadís other kids are willing to take him. That leaves them and me and my husband.

I have no words about the background info (wow). But thatís awesome youíre taking in your great nephew. Congrats!

Originally Posted by Snny
    I have no words about the background info (wow). But thatís awesome youíre taking in your great nephew. Congrats!
    Thanks. It is daunting for sure. I never expected to raise another child in my 50ís for sure. As I am sure my mom didnít at 72. But we all want to save him from a life of extremely limited education and welfare future and teenage dad hood which is what he would be doomed to.

Platinum Member
    That was great reading , it was like Auntie Holly making sure all was where it should be and that everyone was safe lol

Seriously that's great Vic , he is going to two gorgeous parents and a wonderful brother xxx

Originally Posted by pippy longstocking
    That was great reading , it was like Auntie Holly making sure all was where it should be and that everyone was safe lol

Seriously that's great Vic , he is going to two gorgeous parents and a wonderful brother xxx
    Thanks Pippy. ❤️

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice