Text messaging signs

seekhelp222

Hi all

I’m looking for advice that relates to signals in texts/WhatsApp. I used to work with a woman until i left the job earlier this year. We worked together and got on very well. We have a similar sense of humour (a bit naughty!) but we’ve never kissed etc

We’ve kept in touch only through messaging. Mainly she would msg about news on the workplace I left and just having a laugh but both of us instigate messages fairly evenly. Lately though we’ve been pretty much messaging everyday into the evening but not at night. She is in a relationship for over 5 years (no kids) but has confided in me that it’s not going well and even seeking my advice. She has a trust with me I feel. She’ll then say things like she had a weird dream about something kind of sexual in nature (not involving me!) and can also comment about men’s s (!!) in a humourous manner. We’re talking about the two of meeting together soon after a group friends night got cancelled that we both wanted to get out of anyway. I got I guess a suggestive emoji on this get together but I’m rubbish at reading signs.

I’m just out of a long term relationship with two kids and have just started a new relationship. However I have feelings for the ex work colleague. I get a tingle when she msgs! She’s the kind who has lots of female and male friends, work colleagues who I guess she msgs often but if our partners saw our messages, I can only imagine they’d ask a lot of questions about what’s going on. One or two other ex work colleagues have dropped hints about how we got on so well at work.

Maybe I’m barking up the wrong tree and there’s nothing in it but I’m wondering if there might be a chance she might be interested in me just based on what I said above?!

It's fine to have a crush on this coworker, but it seems like she's friendzoning you and chatting like you are a male-girlfriend. What is wrong with your current relationship? Is it a rebound? Where do you want this messaging with her to go?

She is in a relationship for over 5 years (no kids) but has confided in me that it’s not going well and even seeking my advice.

I’m just out of a long term relationship with two kids and have just started a new relationship.

I’ve only just started a new relationship in the last 2 months and at the moment it’s light but my feelings now are for the ex work colleague. I guess I want all this messaging to lead to something but she’s in that relationship which may or may not end. She talks a lot of innuendo and is a bit suggestive on her msgs which makes me wonder if she is hinting at something. No, not a rebound. Nothing I can do about her relationship I guess and I won’t interfere.

Depends as I'm good friends with a male colleague at work.

He is in a long term loving relationship.

I was friends with him when I was in a relationship too.

We used to have crude banter with him. In fact he is in th group chat with two other female work friends.

So she may not be emotionally cheating on her partner. But it does sound like you are... As you clearly are caught up with this ex-work colleague.

You have to decide what you want to do. If you feel she genuinely has feelings for you. Confront her! It may work out for th two other you.

But if she hasn't it will put a wedge in your friendship. Which will be a blessing as you vsbt go on living "what if". At least if it's out in the open you'll know where you stand.

But I do think you need to sit back and think about your current girlfriend. You don't won't to lead her on if your just not into it. As after two months together you shouldn't be thinking of another women!

She is obviously unhappy in her relationship and she feels there is a connection with you, and you become a sort of an escape for her. It doesn't mean she would leave her bf for you, but in cases such as this anything can happen under the right circumstances. If you care about her, then continue to build on that and enjoy each others company. If she likes you she will reach. From what I can see, all the signs are there, but situations like these are a slippery slope as you are also in a relationship. My advice is continue as her "friend" for the time being and see what transpires.

Really?

You are both currently in relationships and crudely texting each other? (glad you aren't my bf)

Think this through.

Seeing you are both capable of disrespecting your current partners, if you two were to get together how much trust would there be between the two of you? You are both fully aware of what you are capable to doing.

Archived