Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: already arguing - should I run away?

Platinum Member
    I had an ex who insisted the ONLY way to have hot sex was to have a huge fight first. The ONLY good sex was make up sex, according to him.

I disagree.

But maybe you find her exciting because she's difficult. Some people get off on that.

Platinum Member
    I think katrina and boltnrun are onto something.

3. 12-01-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by katrina1980
    It's all the tension, frustration, anxiety, that creates that feeling in you.
    I couldn't agree more. The worst thing is - she's so cynical and detached. Almost emotionless when we are apart.

And it makes me super tense all the time, although I'm clearly trying not to show it.

Does she respond to your communication or just not initiate calls, texts, dates, etc?
    Originally Posted by AleSommacal
    I straight up confronted her on her not reaching out for the past two weeks. She concluded by saying she rarely contacts people first and lets them come to her because "it's just the way I am".

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Does she respond to your communication or just not initiate calls, texts, dates, etc?
    she always responds to texts and calls, and shows a good level of interest

She never initiates though.

Ok so why not make the effort to reach out and communicate whenever you want? Why make a stink and create problems by insisting she contact you first? What's the difference? Who cares? Why "call her out" on something that is trying to force her to contact you first for some game or ego reason? If you want to create a stink about it for whatever reason, then why not break up if you absolutely need women to chase you and contact you first? If these are your rules and necessary for you to date someone, find a nice clingy girl who is glued to her phone and texts you first all day,, everyday.
    she always responds to texts and calls, and shows a good level of interest

9. 12-02-2018, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    What's the difference? Who cares?
    I do. I'm not giving without receiving. That's not my style.

11. 12-02-2018, 07:26 AM

I do. I'm not giving without receiving. That's not my style.
    I'd 'style' my way away from this thing...it's ridiculous.

Platinum Member
    It would be interesting to see what would happen if Lex's guy and this girl got together. Lol.

See Lex's thread for those not familiar.

Two detached and emotionless individuals except when they know sex is immediately forthcoming, like on a date.

OP did you read Lex's thread as boltnrun suggested? I think you might benefit from it.

If OP is Italian and the lady in question too (looking at OP's location) then the US dating standards cannot be mechanically copy/paste on the situation, because the dating etiquette in Italy is much more different to the one in US.

Assuming they are both Italians, then yes the old fashioned chivalry is pretty much alive and in force when you date Italian ladies. A classical date with an Italian man who is interested in a woman goes approx like this: 1-2 weeks of daily texting initiated by him, invitation to restaurant dinner, table is booked in advance, he picks her up from her place, door opening, more compliments, flowers are optional, yet good to have; he pays the bill, they have a walk after dinner, kisses if she likes him, he drives her home without expectations to be invited inside.

For those who would say that this is too much work, I would reply that the Italian ladies from Italy have the reputation of being really beautiful, extremely well dressed and elegant. Italian women spend a fortune on cloths and are unbeatable by other European nationalities when it comes to dressing up and styling. So, yes men in Italy do have to put in an effort, but the reward with going out with a gorgeous woman, dressed beautifully is worth it. Italian ladies also know how to conduct themselves, you won't see them using coarse language, getting drunk on a date, or flirting with other men.

So, again if these two are Italians, OP is just being a jerk for not initiating texting. I guess he is a young man of the millenium generation who got the modern bug that women and men should split everything in dating 50-50; not to mention the Dutch date, God forbid, this does not fly in Italy.

My only advice to OP would be to behave like an Italian, and let her be an Italian too.

His statement that he does not give, if he does not get anything back in return is just sad and pathetic. It is yet another prove of the decline of manliness in men and the rise of the "me,me,me" culture of selfishness that plagues our times. When a beautiful woman choses to share her body with a man, and he is so limited as a man that he resorts to counting texts, then I very much hope for her that she would drop him.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice