Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: already arguing - should I run away?

Platinum Member
    Yes you should run. She was very confrontational. It was inappropriate how she responded to you after ignoring your attempts to contact her. She should have had a more mature response if she had legitimate concerns she wanted to bring up, instead of being childish. After this display, I wouldn't have even entertained a response. Be done with mama drama.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by AleSommacal
    I stopped contacting as frequently as before.

Btw, I have to admit the 50-50 rule is not the rule of law. I was trying to convey the message that the both of us should chase the other a bit.
    None of you commented on the fact that from Monday to Friday she NEVER reached out.
    If you like someone, you should contact them. Don't be clingy and contact them every five minutes, but if you are interested - ask them out/set up the next date. Don't play games where you stop communicating to see if they do. If the person is very interested ON the date, keep asking them out -- 3 dates is too short of time to "try to get them to chase you". If they acted disintersted on the date, i would say communicate less to see if they communicate more. But if they reciprocate and text you back when you text and agree to dates -- this "you should be pursuing me" is too much analysis and relationship talk. If you weren't in to her, then don't continue to ask her out. Whoever asked out first is doing the pursuing. its okay for that to happen for a little bit and then see how things go.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by yatsue
    Yes you should run. She was very confrontational. It was inappropriate how she responded to you after ignoring your attempts to contact her. She should have had a more mature response if she had legitimate concerns she wanted to bring up, instead of being childish. After this display, I wouldn't have even entertained a response. Be done with mama drama.
    i agree -- unless he confronted her and chewing her out for not pursuing him before the vacation

Platinum Member
    Okay, then don't ask her out agian - but the next woman you meet - if you ask her out and pursue her for the first bit its okay. No lectures on reciprocation. Either you like her style and continue dating her or you don't and you stop.

Platinum Member
    I'm sensing high attraction on both sides and sexual tension so thick you could cut with a knife.

Stop the over-analyzing and dilly dallying, take control, take her out again and play it out.

JMO!!!

Platinum Member
    She sounds entitled and expects you to initiate and chase.

You're clearly not on the same page as her and would appreciate if she reached out and at least reciprocated your efforts.

You two either have to compromise, or bow out.

Just comes down to what you want to do.

I'll admit that, as a woman, I like and prefer when the guy initiates and plans the first couple of dates. But after meeting him and knowing that I'm into him, I don't expect him to continue initiating and planning everything.

You two were out three times, she knew that you were going away for a few days, you texted her on Monday and you didn't hear from her, other than an angry text that she sent you today?

I dunno. Sounds entitled and high maintenance.

The way I think of it is, if my brother told me he was dating someone like this, I'd tell him to run.

She sounds like an entitled brat.

Platinum Member
    You're not compatible. She wants to be treated like a Disney princess. The fact that you're having a spat this early on is a bad sign. I think both of you have different ideas about dating. A girl does like to be pursued for a little while like Milly said. Apparently you couldn't tell her you missed her while you were away, and that's what she wanted. Keep in mind not to play texting games. If someone doesn't answer you, just assume your text didn't go through. I've been in dead zones where my texts have disappeared. Cell phone technology is terrible in some respects. But you've both expressed what you wanted, and what you want is not compatible with each other. Just move on.

Your date has revealed that she plays games and keep score. Do you want that?

I didn't sense anger from that text. It sounds like you are both hot-blooded. And you are both bean-counters: The two of you are keeping track!!!

Personally, I think you're made for each other

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice