friend or foe or somewhere in between?

Ravenclaw

I'm having a conundrum with whether I should be friends with some one who hurt me. I asked her to be a better friend after she messed up and she didn't see the need to do it. I hung out with her about three weeks ago for the first time in a while and it went pretty well. I like being around her and we get along well, she just never puts in any effort making plans with me which is annoying. She is kinda flirty (holding my hands, kissing my forehead) even though she doesn't want a relationship. What I'm trying to do now is only hang out with her on occasion asking her if she wants to go to kickboxing etc and not get to close, but still spend some time with her since I did miss her. Do you think this is the right course of action?

Well this wouldnt work out as she isnt much invested in the relationship. Going after her would put your self-esteem at risk. Believe how amazing you are and never let your happiness stay in someone else's hands. A relationship happens when both the sides are interested in each other. One-sided will not take you anywhere other than a dead-end when you have to reroute your direction.

You have a crush on her but she has you squarely in the friendzone. Why do this to yourself? Why feed her ego as a male-girlfriend while she dates other guys? You need to distance yourself from her and start dating girls who are interested in you that way. No. Chasing her hoping to date her and making plans, hanging out etc is all time and energy you are wasting on someone who couldn't care less.

I like being around her and we get along well, she just never puts in any effort making plans with me which is annoying. She is kinda flirty even though she doesn't want a relationship.
I asked her to be a better friend after she messed up and she didn't see the need to do it.

This means she doesn't respect you... and because you set a boundary and didn't follow through, she will lose respect even more.

Our friends hurt us sometimes, that's what happens when we are in an authentic and real relationship with someone, however this seems to be more about you bending over backwards to have her in your life despite the fact that she doesn't treat you very well.

Archived