Does he, or will he regret leaving me?

Brittany16

I recognize I'm in a denial phase, and also in the very early stages of a break up. I could possibly be grasping at straws or trying to protect myself, But i just cant help but to think that a part of him must regret his decision to end things with me...

Does a man regret breaking up with someone who treated him really well? Who they have pretty much everything in common with? Someone whom they had tons of fun together? Who supported them through all the good and bad? The sex was always great. His friends loved me. I'm a good person and worked hard for the life i have... I have a good head on my shoulders. A good job, play sports, have wonderful friends and a great family. I have never had a hard time finding a partner. He has seen that, as whenever we went out I often had a few people approach me asking for me number. I take care my myself physically, and looks wise people told me, including HIS friends, that I'm miles out of his league. Honestly, he was always beautiful to me...

The looks part wasn't the only reason people thought i was a little out of his league. Personality wise he was a little bland and could only hold very superficial conversations with anyone. He's a quiet guy even at the best of times. He has a very hard time with emotions, but he seemed to make an effort with me so I was happy. He would tell me every day he misses me and that Im beautiful. He is also very very busy. Working 4 jobs. Plays on 3 hockey teams. Has an active social and family life. Often when we would hang out he would be so tired he would be snoring and couldn't keep his eyes open. I didn't give him too hard of a time because I cared about him and knew he didn't need any extra stress. He even called me about 3 weeks ago really upset (which is very rare for him to show any emotion) saying hes so busy, and all he wants to do is spend time with his girlfriend. He said that financially he cant afford to work less and doesn't want to give up hockey, which he loves. I assured him its ok and that im here for him and ill do what I can to make the stress less.

He broke up with me while he was completely intoxicated and, in my opinion, seemingly out of the blue. He made a fool of himself infront of me and my friends. Was rude to all of us. The next day he apologized and I LOST it on him. Told him he messed up BIG time and that whatever we had is lost and that there's no going back. I was so pissed off I even told him that whatever feelings I had are lost and will never return. I told him Im thankful things are done now, after his embarrassing display of character. He told me that makes him unbelievably sad... He then went on to tell me that he didn't care for me the way I care for him, that he doesn't see a future, that I intimidate him. He told me he wanted to tell me about all this before, but didn't want to upset me or make me sad.

Its been 5 days No contact. After our last phone conversation I was super pissed. Blocked and deleted him from every single social media account. I HAVEN'T blocked his number. But he hasn't tried to contact me...

I know all his reasons for leaving are bold and telling... and likely very true that he was having doubts. But I cant help but to think that he must be wondering if he made a mistake. I honestly and truly feel like he did. I feel like he was too busy to give this a chance.

Im not saying we should be back together, or that I would. Im just so sad and miss him and kinda hope he misses me too...

Fyi, Im 30 and hes 34.

Any thoughts? Do you think he regrets this at all ? If not do you think he will? Or maybe hes all fine and dandy :(

Thanks for listening... I appreciate it.

It sounds more like you broke up with him. Why would you be surprised he's not contacting you?

The next day he apologized and I LOST it on him. Told him he messed up BIG time and that whatever we had is lost and that there's no going back.

I was so pissed off I even told him that whatever feelings I had are lost and will never return

I think your ego is giving you a hard time because I don't think you really wanted to be with him much longer anyway. He plays hocken on several teams and has to hold four jobs in order to keep him in his "hobby?" He has no time for you so... tell your ego to be quiet and be glad that he screwed up so bad that you lost "anything you once had for him."

FWIW: I think any man who is on 3 hockey teams and has to have 4 jobs to keep that up doesn't have much else going for them. What's wrong with being on one hockey team and just enjoying the time with those team mates and then actually having time for a romantic partner?

I think you'll have cleansed him from your system and be over the initial hurt in no time at all.

Many of us, me included, have wondered the same when a breakup happens. It's common and normal for you to think of this right now. With proper mourning and healing, you will eventually come to care less what he thinks. It's irrelevant. His priorities seem to be work and his hobby, and whatever woman is willing to accept the minimal time he offers to her, sure, he'll take the sex without having to put in the normal efforts of a man who has a healthy balance in all the areas of his life.

I dated a workaholic for a year and know what it feels like to want to spend time with a guy, but he's passed out on the couch by 8:30 p.m. Luckily, he dumped me and I found out later what a favor he'd done for me, as I met my future husband 8 months later. I now have a man with a high work ethic, but he's not a workaholic. It's so great to be able to enjoy spending the leisure time I've craved with a companion.

The universe has someone better in store for you, if you choose wisely the next time around. Make a must-have and dealbreaker list, and stick to it. Take care.

"He then went on to tell me that he didn't care for me the way I care for him, that he doesn't see a future, that I intimidate him. He told me he wanted to tell me about all this before, but didn't want to upset me or make me sad."

- Fact... sorry :(.

He was obviously feeling it was all a bit too much? He didn't feel himself and had to back out this way.

May have felt you were too goof for him.

Is very hard to accept a BU..especially when emotionally invested.

Best thing to do.. is no contact. Walk & keep walking... tc of YOU now.

Honestly, I cannot see what you saw in this guy! Also, you are not compatible.

You also need to find someone who is not emotionally detached and has some time for you.

You did break up with him, but I would take his words to heart.

Find someone more suitable.

I guess you no longer believe him to be gay?

Isn't your question actually about whether YOU regret breaking up with him? He called to make up with you. You broke up with him. Are YOU thinking about contacting him and apologizing?

You know, for a lot of guys, as long as you want to hang around with them, the guy is fine with that. If you don't want to hang around, fine, then leave. You've left. He'll find another woman. He's had 15 relationships. Obviously he can find another.

Actually, it seems like he's too busy to be in a relationship and that's probably the reason for his numerous break ups. Doing all these activities seem to be more important to him than any particular person in his life.

Archived