Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Skin Cancer Scare

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Glad it turned out OK.

I had a couple of lesions that turned out to be eczema. Not life threatening in any way, but itchy and uncomfortable and annoying. Mine won't go away completely for some reason. Stubborn case.

My ex husband has had two bouts with basal cell carcinoma. He was declared cured after several years of remission but it ended up coming back worse. Poor guy also lost lots of weight, weight he didn't need to lose. But...he is very fair skinned and absolutely refused to wear a hat or sunscreen. I warned him our entire marriage but he just would not listen. Now he gets to go through rounds of surgery and chemo and radiation because the cancer spread to his lymph nodes.

Please, people...wear your sunscreen!!!
    That will be my husband with his English skin. He burns in the WINTER in CANADA. He burns about 15 times a year every year for decades and he could care less.

Platinum Member
    S, not to sound gruesome, but tell him to look at some of the pics on the Internet of folks who have lost their noses, cheeks, ears, eyes, etc, and maybe he will change his tune.

Like Holly said though, those are extreme cases where they probably waited years to seek treatment.

If caught early, within first few months, removal will be easy, in most cases won't even leave much of a scar, if any.

Unless it's a melanoma, with certain melanomas waiting a few months could be deadly.

Melanomas are very rare though.

Sidebar - so you did take the London job? What about bf?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    Sidebar - so you did take the London job? What about bf?
    Yes I accepted London job! Start mid-Jan.

Bf and I still together!

It's been stressful but in a way has brought us closer, he's happy for me, thinks it's a fantastic opp and great experience for me.

Platinum Member
    An acquaintance (former coworker) has been doing long distance with her bf for almost two years while he is working/attending Uni in Switzerland.

It's going okay! They take turns visiting twice a year, two weeks each time.

They call, video-chat in between, they're both very independent and it seems to be working.

So hoping bf and I can do same but we shall see!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice