LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skin Cancer Scare

Platinum Member
    Yikes S, that's why I was so scared, cause it was on my nose.

I love my nose!! Lol

And thanks. :)

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Squamous .Thanks. I don't find these things scary at all. I have had a lot of this stuff removed as I am fair complected and used to abuse the sun in AZ. Melanoma is scary, though.
    Wish I had your attitude Holls, I'm still stressing (about all cancers now just not skin), last night I was coughing and started thinking I had lung cancer!

My mom died from lung cancer, she smoked like a chimney; I never did but the smoke in our house was so dense, I fear getting it from second hand smoke.

I need to calm down!! Lol

Originally Posted by katrina1980
    Yes mine did hurt (an infection under the skin), but interesting enough skin cancers don't typically hurt!

I read stories of people having a weird red spot on their face for years, never caused any discomfort and it turned out to be a slow growing basal cell!

Look for irregular borders and different colors within the sore or mole..

Many people ignore and live to regret (or don't live if it's a melanoma, which grows quickly and kills).
    I'm about to faint because I have a small red pimple on my nose that I've had for years. I think it's time for an appointment...

Platinum Member
    Oh I'm sorry, but try to not stress like I did!

This doesn't help, hell I lost five pounds in two weeks, five pounds I could not afford to lose.

What I also learned is that there are so so many other things it could be, that are benign and harmess.

And if it's not growing or changing color or bleeding, chances are its a benign growth.

But yeah see your derm, good luck!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Wish I had your attitude Holls, I'm still stressing (about all cancers now just not skin), last night I was coughing and started thinking I had lung cancer!

My mom died from lung cancer, she smoked like a chimney; I never did but the smoke in our house was so dense, I fear getting it from second hand smoke.

You are ok I am sure .

Platinum Member
    Yeah my dad recently had a cancer removed from his nose too. They caught it early, hes healing well.

I find myself worrying about cancer at times too - because it runs in my family.

The whole coughing thing...I can relate. I was coughing all the time last winter (which was new) and I kinda worked myself up about what it could be. Turns out, nothing was wrong.

But I find that I tend to worry more about things like this when Im already stressed about other circumstances in my life.

Im tired, stressed, and not thinking rationally as a result. Toss in being an over-thinker and google search weve got a real party!

Ugh.

Glad to hear youre okay though.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    My stepdad recently had skin cancer removed from his nose and neck and and it left a big divet in his nose.

Glad you are ok!
    Did he go to a Moh's surgeon?

Platinum Member

I am very sorry about your mom.

I lost my brother to lung cancer. Never smoked. Mom has had had breast and ovarian. I get regular exams and try to live a healthy life. This is all you can do. Being overly paranoid is not good.

I do not think I will get lung cancer. . A little coughing does not indicate cancer. Hon, you need to chill with this stuff. Stress is your worst enemy for cancer.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Annia
    I'm about to faint because I have a small red pimple on my nose that I've had for years. I think it's time for an appointment...
    Just see your doctor. If it hasn't changed its appearance then that is a good sign.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Did he go to a Moh's surgeon?
    No clue.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice