Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dirty John - Podcast and now Bravo mini-series

I just watched it now too! I think he's good looking also...but then...I'm OLD! My ex husband proposed after 1 month. We were married in 10 months. And we didn't like each other for 20 years. He had a temper. Controlling. Not a nice person. Beat on me. Had bruises on my wedding pic. He met someone after we were divorced, and he married her 8 months later. I think they're happy. Hopefully he mellowed, or she just knows how to handle him.

Where can I listen to the podcast? I'm so scared by these types of stories but love reading about them lol

Btw, Debra really wanted to believe and ignored all the red flags!

Platinum Member
    RealityNut--wow, so sorry to hear your story. Bruises in the wedding pic? Unbelievable. What an a-hole. Do you really think his new wife is happy? Do you really think they're a happy-go-lucky couple, and she just "knows how to handle him"? Or do you think she's hiding behind a gritted teeth smile? I'd bet a lot that he hasn't changed at all. Maybe he's not hitting her physically, or maybe not yet. Or maybe it's emotional abuse. Unless he's gotten a lot of help (and I'm betting he hasn't), he very likely has not changed.

Annia--you can find the podcast on iTunes. If you have an iPhone, you can look on the podcast app that's already on the phone. Or you can listen to it online. It's riveting (to me!), as it's not told in 3rd person, but in 1st person, by Debra and her daughters, helped along by the writer who wrote the story for the L.A. Times.

I married someone I met online within 6 months of meeting. This was back in 2000, when OLD was new and I thought I found my soulmate. Within weeks of meeting, the control started. He never touched me physically, but it was mental abuse, walking on eggshells, as anything I said could set him off. I still married him, because I was so "in loooooove". Lasted 1 year, and it was he who initiated the divorce. I never would have, I'm sorry to say.

Just started this tonight. Iím on episode two and it is creepy!

Platinum Member
    I'm going to try the podcast -thank you!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice