Long distance relationship during bereavement

CurvyCurls

Hey,

So I’ve been in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend for 2 and a half years and last month his father passed away and I have been trying my level best to support him (this includes attending the funeral). After I got back to my city, I’ve noticed that he has gotten a bit distant and I wasn’t quite sure what to think. I talked to him about the situation and he said that he was trying his best to keep up communication with me and I understood. We went from talking at least for times a day to talking every other day. Given that this situation was very hard for me to transition into, and in efforts to be a lot less demanding of his time, I suggested that I give him a bit of space and that if he wants to reach out to me I’ll be there for him. He then got angry at me and thought that I wanted to break up with him, and I couldn’t understand why he was upset because I did not breakup with him.

He proceeded to say that I’m never there for him during his time of need, even though for 9 months of our 2 and a half year relationship, we was in prison and I stood by him throughout the whole period. Those 9 months took a huge toll on me, but I stood by him regardless. However when he got out of prison, he kept saying things like “you deserve better, why are you staying with me” and I got fed up because that entire 9 months, people have been telling me to break up with him, and now for him to tell me that I shouldn’t be with him, I just couldn’t take it anymore so I broke up with him. But that only lasted for 2 days, and we got back together again because I realised that I still loved him and that I still wanted to be with him no matter what. Now he says that since I broke up with him when he got out of prison and I suggested that I give him space, he thinks that I am unreliable and that I always want to break up with him when things go wrong. He blocked me on all of his social media accounts and deleted my pictures. I don’t know what to do anymore.

Please help

Why is this long distance? How did you meet? Unfortunately it sounds like you over invested in this and your friends and family were right all along.. What was he in prison for?

for 9 months of our 2 and a half year relationship, we was in prison and I stood by him throughout the whole period. I got fed up because that entire 9 months, people have been telling me to break up with him. He blocked me on all of his social media accounts and deleted my pictures.

Without trying to be judgmental at all, what was he in prison for? Did you meet him before he went to prison or are you one of those women who writes to guys in prison? That just sounds like a really big red flag and he sounds a bit abusive and you should probably be glad that he’s far away and he blocked you. Father dying or not, he’s not being very good to you. I would just not think about it for a second more and just move on.

Archived