LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FairFight

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    Or what about "here, let me help you" (carry 4 dishes of cat food so she doesn't have to make 4 trips and therefore the door gets closed sooner. What a novel idea)
    I didn't read where she carried out one dish of cat food at a time, only that she "fed them many times." (which is odd in itself)

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    I didn't read where she carried out one dish of cat food at a time, only that she "fed them many times." (which is odd in itself)
    Well ---- that is what i was guessing. If she fed them many times -- what does that mean? She kept adding to a tiny bowl and it wasn't adequate each time? Or does he mean she "keeps feeding them" as in its an ongoing basis - twice day for the past month vs literally opening the door 20 times in 5 minutes. Hard to say. But if she keeps going out there, offering to help by carrying food out or "picking up a shift" by sometimes checking to see they have enough yourself is the opposite of complaining about someone opening a door

You are correct. There is a lot more going on. There won't be any councilling though, thanks :-). I do appreciate your specific and details assessment. This is exactly the perspective I need to better understand my partner.

Truer words there my friend. How's it go? If my lips are moving I'm losing,, lol.

Truer words there my friend. If my lips are moving I'm losing,, lol. Yes, I know this well. Thanks.

I started the non-sense,, lol. Yea, OK. Thanks you for that perspective.

It doesn't rain on my back porch, there's roof, but no sides. They don't have to sleep there, she wants them there. See, two years ago they were the ferals outside, way outback at wood line, catching mice and birds, and once in a while acting cat like in the back 40(1/3 really). Last year , when I was off work for about 10 weeks getting my shoulder blade removed due to cancer I built them a feeding station about half way back,, about 50 yards back from the house. It was huge with room for wet and dry food, water, several dry areas to hang out in,,, two doors for escape,,, yada, yada. This year she buys them a heated house right up against the outside slider, so they sit and stare at us. They watch my other 4 cats eating. Oh yea, I forgot to mention, we have 4 , so-called tame cats, living in here with us. Yea, there mine too, my little buddies. I love em to death. I do not love the ferals who now dominate my deck, but I digress. So, this past January I had my voice box removed due to cancer. You'd think getting cancer 4 times only happens in movies, but no, that real. I now have a hole in my neck to breath. I'm a laryngectomee. Since they filleted my left thigh from my hip to my knee, in order to have tissue to replace my throat with, I can no longer swallow properly. So 10 months later and I still have a feeding tube to get enough nourishment. I'm sorry, I digress again. A week ago I came down with a terrible,, I don't know what happened. But I puked for almost 48 hours before I was finally able to stop being sick. I was so dehydrated I couldn't get off the couch, the one by the back door, where the feral cats live, eating,,,, eating as many times as she she's fit to feed them,, lol. Was that too much details? I was trying to spare you that, sorry.

Platinum Member
    I am sorry for your condition, but if you can't stand a draft, why sit by the door? Or why not put a blanket over you? No one an be expected to not use a door

Thanks you for taking the time to respond. I hardly think I harangued her, but it's a good word that we hardly ever get to use :-). Don't dish,, lol. Yea, ok. Non-sense,,, . Thanks for taking my "real" request for some perspective so seriously. I'm sure you have a ton of friends on here. But again, thank you for your opinion.

Thanks Pippy. I totally understand. My wife and I have been doing cat rescue in Baltimore( yea, the downtown part) for about 10 years now. We are part of quite the elaborate rescue/kitten adoption/ voluntary vets and pet surgeons and techs, along with an army of crazy cat women and crazy cat men. Takes a villiage, right? :-). I'm a bit stoned myself, and your reply brought a smile to my face, as I hope mine has to you :-). I appreciate your diplomacy!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice