Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you date a guy/girl with no social media .

Would you date a guy/girl with no social media .

Everyone have social media nowadays, just meet this guy who is young and attractive but have no social media. No,fb,Ig,Twitter ,WhatsApp nothing couldn’t ask him why, though. I would definitely still date him but I think is a bit strange what do you guys think?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Of course I would. My husband got rid of all his social media. My brother has no social media. Both think it is a waste of time.

Platinum Member
    Yup I would. My guy is older than 20 and has no social media. He has in-person friendships. There are a lot of people that don't have or have deleted their social media unless they are looking for a career change and then sometimes do LinkedIn. People with certain types of jobs are not allowed to have social media, also.

Um, this would be my DREAM.

In fact, it's been most of my relationships, because I'm old af, at least to the kids. (I'm 39—judge the af as you will.)

Social media, by and large, is poison in my opinion. Isolating, distorting. In the world of romance, I don't think it offers much more than amping up anxieties that are already there to the point where what was once fun and jittery is now, for some, just puree jitters with a dash of despair.

I say that as someone fairly active on there. But I think it's poison, and have a feeling it will come to be regulated a lot like other poisons—cigarettes, say, or booze. I enjoy both of those, too, but I don't kid myself about what they are.

So, no, not weird. Ideal. Evolved.

I have zero social media. Not to toot my own horn but it takes a lot of self control not to unleash your opinions on the world.

Self control is good, no?

Platinum Member
    I'm not on social media. I find it a complete waste of time. I would rather spend time with friends.

I do use texting apps, though.

Originally Posted by Nicol17
    Everyone have social media nowadays, just meet this guy who is young and attractive but have no social media. No,fb,Ig,Twitter ,WhatsApp nothing couldn’t ask him why, though. I would definitely still date him but I think is a bit strange what do you guys think?
    I'd see him as smart, and a keeper.

Smartest decision I ever made was not being on social media.

I'd never date someone who didn't have an account to increase the number of my followers with. Talk about dead weight.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by j.man
    I'd never date someone who didn't have an account to increase the number of my followers with. Talk about dead weight.
    Of course! If you don't have social media, how will you be able to take and post hundreds of selfies? We all need selfies because we don't know what we look like. And we need people to tell us we look hot.

Seriously, OP, do you see this as a defect? If so,why? Do you want to be able to post relationship statuses and pics for your friends to see? Do you believe the adage "if it's not on Facebook it didn't happen"?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice