Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Girlfriend of 3 years tells me she is bisexual

  1. #31
    Platinum Member ThatwasThen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    13,545
    Gender
    Female
    I stated my point in my last paragraph in post No.22.

  2. #32
    Platinum Member mustlovedogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,932
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    I stated my point in my last paragraph in post No.22.
    Your point doesnít match with the definition you posted, which is why I ask.

  3. #33
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    9,582
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen

    I find other women attractive when they are appealing to the eye as dictated by the majority of society as being attractive. That does not make me "bi sexual"
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    so I was just pointing out that simply being attracted to the beauty of a person does not make them bi-sexual.
    I absolutely agree with you!!

    Merely finding people of both genders attractive or being attracted to their "beauty" does not make someone bisexual, if it did then heck, everyone would be bisexual!

    But the definition you posted earlier, from Websters defines it as:

    "of, relating to, or characterized by sexual or romantic attraction to members of both sexes" -

    Sexual and romantic attraction goes beyond merely finding someone attractive to look at, their beauty. "Sexual" and "romantic" being the operative words there.

    That was what was a bit confusing about your posts TwT. :)

    Frankly I am not even sure what the difference between bisexual and bi-curious is, except maybe bisexual denotes a sexual and romantic attraction to both genders (the way I feel about men (certain men) as a heterosexual woman), and bi-curious means one deems themselves as hetero but is curious about what the actual experience of having sexual relations with someone of their same gender would be like.

    But that's just guess, I have no idea.

    Words, phrases, definitions can be so ambiguous but so fascinating at the same time!
    Last edited by katrina1980; 11-16-2018 at 09:45 PM.

  4. 11-16-2018, 11:33 PM

  5. #34
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    33,786
    Gender
    Male
    Excellent. That is a good way to clear your head and reflect on her deception.

    It doesn't matter what type of whateversexual she is. What matters is she lied and suddenly indicated she is attracted to others. You can find much better girls to date who know themselves and are honest about who they are.

    Taking a break from her is also an excellent prelude to dumping this "confused" liar.
    Originally Posted by Dank2
    I have asked for time and distance atm. I need to think. I canít carry on seeing her like this hasnít affected me.

  6.  

  7. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    15
    She messaged me today saying we need to talk. So Iím fearing your right tbh. I do actually think she has cheated on me with a girl which is why she deems herself as bi-sexual. Overall thanks for ur advice guys. This time last week I would of neve thought to post on anything like this but itís been a great help however everyone knows only time will heal a heartbreak. Thanks again.

  8. #36
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    33,786
    Gender
    Male
    It's interesting that she suddenly disclosed this to you in the same breath as telling you she disclosed it to her lesbian friend.
    Originally Posted by Dank2
    I am the only person that know along with one her lesbian mates.

  9. #37
    Platinum Member ThatwasThen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    13,545
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by katrina1980
    I absolutely agree with you!!

    Merely finding people of both genders attractive or being attracted to their "beauty" does not make someone bisexual, if it did then heck, everyone would be bisexual!
    Exactly and until one acts on the attraction to someone of the same sex, then they are simply bi-curious.

    Frankly I am not even sure what the difference between bisexual and bi-curious is, except maybe bisexual denotes a sexual and romantic attraction to both genders (the way I feel about men (certain men) as a heterosexual woman), and bi-curious means one deems themselves as hetero but is curious about what the actual experience of having sexual relations with someone of their same gender would be like.
    Exactly.

    But that's just guess, I have no idea.
    I believe your "guess" is spot on. :) Hence why I would like to know why the Op's girlfriend thinks she is bi-sexual. Just a guess but I think she's not telling the truth about not ever having been emotionally or sexually involved with another woman. *shrugs*

    Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    Your point doesnít match with the definition you posted, which is why I ask.
    sure it does.

  10. #38
    Platinum Member superfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,408
    Gender
    Female
    Wow so many straight folks seem to know more about what being bisexual means than us actual bisexual folks. Thanks soooo much for the gaysplaining!

    OP, your girlfriend doesn't need to have had a relationship with another woman to know that she's bisexual. If she identifies as bisexual than she's bisexual. Not bi-curious or any other ludicrous designation.

    If you can't handle that, you need to leave and let her find someone strong enough who can.

    I'm bisexual. I'm married to a man who knew my sexuality from the get go. We aren't swingers and I don't feel that I've sacrificed anything by marrying him.

    If she says she wants to be with you than I would take her at her word. If you want to make a mountain out of a molehill than by all means break up with her.

  11. #39
    Platinum Member mustlovedogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,932
    Originally Posted by superfan
    Wow so many straight folks seem to know more about what being bisexual means than us actual bisexual folks. Thanks soooo much for the gaysplaining!

    OP, your girlfriend doesn't need to have had a relationship with another woman to know that she's bisexual. If she identifies as bisexual than she's bisexual. Not bi-curious or any other ludicrous designation.

    If you can't handle that, you need to leave and let her find someone strong enough who can.

    I'm bisexual. I'm married to a man who knew my sexuality from the get go. We aren't swingers and I don't feel that I've sacrificed anything by marrying him.

    If she says she wants to be with you than I would take her at her word. If you want to make a mountain out of a molehill than by all means break up with her.
    Iím straight but my comparison would be:

    If Iím married, I pick them. Regardless of all the other people I may be attracted to. A really hot guy may hit on me, and that matches my sexuality, but Iím married and not going to cheat.

    Is that fair?

  12. #40
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    11,526
    You said in your other thread that you two broke up 3 months ago.

    Are you just doing a kind of post-breakup autopsy?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •