Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend of 3 years tells me she is bisexual

I'd ask her why she told me this, and what kind of outcome she hoped she'd get from it.

I'm probably starting a run-away-train with this post however:

From Merriam Webster:
    Definition of bisexual

1a : possessing characters of both sexes and especially both male and female reproductive structures : hermaphroditic
    //bisexual flowers

b : of, relating to, or characterized by sexual or romantic attraction to members of both sexes
    also : engaging in sexual activity with partners of more than one gender

2 : of, relating to, or involving both sexes
    //bisexual reproduction
    Seems "B" would apply here and since the Op stated this:
    She has never experienced any sexual or emotional relationship with a girl
    It would appear that she is not bi-sexual but rather bi-curious.

I find other women attractive when they are appealing to the eye as dictated by the majority of society as being attractive. That does not make me "bi sexual" Op has never been in a sexual or emotional relationship with a member of the same sex). I'd like to know why she deems herself bi-sexual?

She deems as bi-sexual because she tells me she does not think of the sexual fantasies, but more or what it would be like do be with a women emotionally. That is what she tells me.

Does it matter? She deceived you for three years and then tells you this?
    Originally Posted by Dank2
    She deems as bi-sexual because she tells me she does not think of the sexual fantasies, but more or what it would be like do be with a women emotionally.

I have mixed emotions, at times I think she is still the same girl I fell in love with and have shared a lot of memories with. But as bad as it sounds I do mean no offence I canít help but look at her differently sometimes now, like Sheís a different person almost because she told me this now.

Idk feels like I didnít know the person I love

I have asked for time and distance atm. I need to think I canít carry on seeing her like this hasnít affected me it was almost lingering when we spent time together yesterday. I really donít know what to do.

Platinum Member
    @TwT, okay but Websters defines heterosexual as:

1. of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward the opposite sex

2. of, relating to, or involving sexual intercourse between individuals of opposite sex

So if a person has never engaged is sexual relations/intercourse with the opposite sex, does that mean they're not heterosexual, but hetero-curious? What would that make a person who's never had sex then, asexual?

I guess we're all asexual until such time we engage in sex, with whomever! lol

Anyway, the definition doesn't really matter, what OP is concerned about is not that she's bisexual or bi-curious, but that she lied about it for three years, that's my understanding of it anyway.

It's you, Katrina that brought the definition into things so I was just pointing out that simply being attracted to the beauty of a person does not make them bi-sexual. "Sexual" being the keyword, me thinks. ;)

Just sayin!

.. and yes, I agree with you about her taking three years to disclose. I'm still not convinced that she is bi-sexual though if shes never even been in anything sexual or emotional for that matter with someone of the same sex.

Again, Op, what makes her think she is bi-sexual. Was she actually lying about not being with another woman and not just lying by omission this time?

Girlfriend of 3 years tells me she is bisexual

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    It's you, Katrina that brought the definition into things so I was just pointing out that simply being attracted to the beauty of a person does not make them bi-sexual. "Sexual" being the keyword, me thinks. ;)

Just sayin!

.. and yes, I agree with you about her taking three years to disclose. I'm still not convinced that she is bi-sexual though if shes never even been in anything sexual or emotional for that matter with someone of the same sex.

Again, Op, what makes her think she is bi-sexual. Was she actually lying about not being with another woman and not just lying by omission this time?
    The definition you posted clearly says having a sexual attraction - thatís the part just before also... so Iím confused with the point youíre making?

Did something trigger her telling you, OP? Maybe some LGBT type conversation, or something on the news, or maybe sheís just realizing itís real and wants to share it in a safe space?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice