Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interview Tips!

Interview Tips!

Hi guys!

I've been doing a lot of research into interview tips. As I'm actively interviewing right now.

There is one question I am always stumped with and that's when they as at the end "do you have any questions?"

I sit there blankly and sometimes have nothing to say... Which in it's self is very unprofessional for the interview.

I usually ask what it is they love about the company. Or what the day to day like in that role. Or company benifits. Or even about the team structure.

What go me in my last interview they had mentioned all the above during the running of the interview.

So thought it would be no harm getting some advice from you good people about good things to ask at the end of an interview.

Thank you in advance for your help x

Gold Member
    Automatically respond with "Could I please see the facility? I would love to explore the work environment here". Any true questions you have will come more naturally afterward, as they're busy showing you around you can have more time to come up with good questions. I have always received the job position after doing this.

Fantastic advice!
    Originally Posted by yatsue
    Automatically respond with "Could I please see the facility? I would love to explore the work environment here". Any true questions you have will come more naturally afterward, as they're busy showing you around you can have more time to come up with good questions.

4. 11-14-2018, 06:51 AM

🎨🎠🥈🏏🔉🎶🎮🥇🖖🤘🖐Agree👇👇👇🛂🔇🚓🛫🚔🗻🏭🏜🚽

Originally Posted by cgsmithu
    I'm a stupid troll

Platinum Member
    Research the company before your interview, and form your ending questions before you walk in the door.

Ask about a particular product or service that might be new, or about a news story you found when you were doing your research.

That way, you'll already know what you're going to ask, and the interviewer will be impressed that you spent the time to research their company.

More excellent advice!
    Originally Posted by LHGirl
    Research the company before your interview. the interviewer will be impressed that you spent the time to research their company.

Platinum Member
    Always have 3-5 questions ready that are not answered on the website, etc. This is essential prep IMO. One question I used to ask was "how would you describe the working environment here". Or say "you know, you were so thorough I think you answered all my questions so right now I do not have any".

Thank you so much guys.

I never thought as suggesting to have a "look around" at the end of the interview. The job I'm at now funny enough did a grand tour which was really nice. When they don't offer that I never thought to ask.

Yes I always research the company! But I noticed in my last interview they outright asked during the interview what I find interesting about their company. So I waffled on and had nothing to really ask as the other go to questions already came up.

Essentially this "you know, you were so thorough I think you answered all my questions so right now I do not have any" is what I had to say in my last interview. Guess it's not so much of a bad thing really. Makes them great interviewers.

Thanks guys :)

Platinum Member
    Check out the blog Ask A Manager. Lots of good advice there. Come to the interview prepared with 5 questions. You can even write them down to make sure you remember, I did that at my last interview (got the job 😁). You can ask a few generic questions but try to think of 1 or 2 specific to the job. An interview is a 2 way street, you're also trying to figure out if you want to spend 40 hours a week with these people doing this work. Don't waste your opportunity to interview them.

Good luck!!

Originally Posted by Jellybean9
    I usually ask what it is they love about the company.
    Good!
    Or what the day to day like in that role.
    Good!
    Or even about the team structure.
    Good!
    Or company benifits.
    Mmmm...I'd avoid this one if they don't open that door without prompting. It can be interpreted as a me-centric question unless and until they propose an offer. I can appreciate that some might disagree, except that 'we' aren't the ones interviewing you. I'd rather err on the side of not offending the person who IS your gatekeeper.

Consider reviewing articles and PR releases of each company you visit. Come up with a few uncontroversial questions about what you read. Have those handy to demo that you've done your research on them. That's a compliment, and it speaks of your interest.

Good luck to you, and I hope you'll let us know when you land the job you want.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice