Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anxiety attack

It's also helpful to know that when you are anxious and you allow it the anxiety to frighten you, you are likely to spiral into a panic attack. Or at the very least the anxiety feels even more out of control.
    It's normal to feel anxious sometimes. Some of us struggle with it more than others. But the trick is to not fight it. Acknowledge it, try to listen to what it's telling you.
    Fighting it is much like fighting quicksand. The harder you try to worse it gets.

I've struggled with anxiety for years and understand how painful it can be. When I have a particularly anxious episode, I shift into self care mode.
    I don't pretend I can magically make it stop, but I do try to stop what I am doing and spend some quiet time doing things that are comforting for myself.
    It eventually passes, but not as soon as I might like it to. But it does. Just ride it out.

I am sorry you are going through this.

Hope you feel better. Roll with some of the homesickness or bad days, don't think of it as a trend.
    Originally Posted by Annia
    I'm calmer today but with a sense of sadness over me.

Originally Posted by Annia
    I just got home and can't stop crying to the point that I almost had convulsions. I feel that I can't think straight today, I feel sick in the stomach and I feel that I can't put things in perspective... like I'm overwhelmed and I'm paralyzed.
    I'm sorry this is happening to you. Now that you feel better, are you able identified what triggered this panic attack? It might help to write about it. However, if that makes you more anxious, don't do it.

But I agree with Reinvent: listen to what it's telling you.

Platinum Member
    I suffer from anxiety over my job. None of the suggestions people give me to try to be helpful work. Hot shower, warm bath, melatonin, Z-Quil, chamomile tea, meditation, ambient background sounds, aromatherapy spray, breathing techniques...not a single one of those things or any combination of them can shut off my brain. I lie there and stress about work, thinking "I need to remember to do this and email that person and print this and tell that person that and schedule this and audit that..." It does not end. Ever.

I haven't slept more than 3 patched together hours a night in over 2 weeks. I'm starting to lose it at work and I cannot afford to.

I saw my doctor, who prescribed a medication that aggravates my colitis. Sigh.

Just wanted to let you know I understand.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    I suffer from anxiety over my job. None of the suggestions people give me to try to be helpful work. Hot shower, warm bath, melatonin, Z-Quil, chamomile tea, meditation, ambient background sounds, aromatherapy spray, breathing techniques...not a single one of those things or any combination of them can shut off my brain. I lie there and stress about work, thinking "I need to remember to do this and email that person and print this and tell that person that and schedule this and audit that..." It does not end. Ever.

I haven't slept more than 3 patched together hours a night in over 2 weeks. I'm starting to lose it at work and I cannot afford to.

I'm so sorry. I've gone through that too and happy to PM if venting would help.

Wow, I am so sorry. I hate panic attacks! It seems like there is a lot of new stuff in your life, and I know it can be tough to get acclimated and comfortable. have you called you parents/friends? I know that helps to hear their voices. have you tried to see a doctor or counselor? I am hoping you start to feel more comfortable and sleep better. Praying for you.

Originally Posted by boltnrun

Oh wow, I am sorry.
    I hope you find some answers or solutions soon. That's no way to live.
    ((hugs))

Platinum Member
    Thanks for the support.

It doesn't help that my department is understaffed and overworked. And I'm being told repeatedly "You just have to make it happen".

I'm at the point of just allowing the balls to drop. I have probably been giving off the impression that I can do it all, which is not aiding my case for needing more help.

Annia, I am trying to learn the lesson of "You can only do what you can". I think a lot of us get caught in the trap of trying to be Superwoman who can do it all! When we really can't (no one can).

bolt:

I have similar work issues at times. But I have adopted the attitude.
    "I they don't care, neither do I"
    I've been well known to do more than my share. It served me well in my career advancement, until they take advantage of it. So I just learn not to care so much and dumb it down sometimes. It lessons my anxiety.

When I explained this to my bf, he said it was a sad situation. That they more or less broke my spirit.

It's true. But I just can't care as much as I used to.
    It no longer serves me well and after some years of adjustment, I am ok with it.

First and foremost, take care of yourself. . . always. Let the rest fall where it may.

When all is said and done, it's not worth your health.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice