She kicked me off followers after 10 months

coastgirl

I just noticed my ex removed me from her followers list on Instagram after 10 months.

We had been in mostly NC After she broke up with me and i hadn’t heard from her in a few months (she sent a few breadcrumb texts out). She wanted to be friends but I said I couldn’t be friends right away but maybe in the future.

I hardly post on there and she hasn’t posted anything in months either. I didn’t really stalk her page because it was too painful.

I had been thinking about reaching out to her so i don’t live with any regrets. I haven’t reached out at all since the breakup.

To be honest I’m having a hard time getting over this breakup and this act of her kicking me out of her life hurts so much.

Why would she do that after so long? You’d think if someone was over someone they wouldn’t go to the trouble of forcing them off a followers list. Why would she care I’m still following her? I didn’t like or comment or do a single thing.

I’m so worried that maybe she still had feelings and that I blew it by going NC with her even though I had to bc I was so hurt over it all. And that maybe she was afraid of reaching out to try again bc she thought i wanted nothing to do with her :( which isn’t true

Sorry this happened. What was the breakup about? How long were you together? It's often par for the course to delete, block, unfollow/unfriend exes, hopefully immediately after a breakup. Had you done this, her actions 10 mos after the breakup would have gone unnoticed and you therefore would not have been bothered or hurt by this. She may have just gotten around to it while updating things or met someone and decided to clean out her social media. Keep in mind that 10 mos. ago during the breakup, was the time she "kicked you out of her life", not just recently through social media.

I just noticed my ex removed me from her followers list on Instagram after 10 months.To be honest I’m having a hard time getting over this breakup and this act of her kicking me out of her life hurts so much.

I am really sorry to hear you are feeling this way and it does massively suck when something happens like this with an ex whom you still have feelings for. I really just want to stress though the fact that you should not beat yourself up about having gone NC. You responded appropriately to a break up and if she is mature enough to be a good partner she would also be mature enough to understand that.

There's no use in blaming yourself, you did nothing wrong here. You were just going about your life normally and doing what anyone in your position should do really.

Whether or not you contact her to for that one last try is completely your own choice and it would be a risk, as long as you understand that.

No contact was not a mistake at all. It is the best thing to heal after a break up. I've done it many a times for my own sanity. Not as some scheme to "get someone back".

The whole removing you from her followers list after so long could be for any number of reasons.

If the break up was amicable she probably does not want you to see her happy getting on with your life.

Whereas if it was bitter she could be like my friend who kept her ex-husband as a friend on her FB as she wants him to see just how happy she is without him. He was evil and deserves it to be fair.

So her unfollowing you was more of a favour to you. It's kinder for you to not see her "happy".

This may be just when you start healing and the no contact actually starts for real.

Sorry to hear about this. I certainly know the weirdness of IG—went through it plenty during my last breakup. Blocked, then unblocked, the reblocked. Honestly, for me, it became part of my healing. Like, is this really the only way we can communicate? Is this, really, what I want to spend time analyzing?

The truth is that the reasons for this are so numerous to not matter. Did she meet someone else? Perhaps. Was she still in pain and needed it for herself? Maybe. The questions are endless, and asking them gets you nowhere. Ultimately, it really doesn't mean much, doesn't change the hard facts that the relationship is over.

As Pretzel put it, it's up to you to decide if you want to reach out, if you're prepared to do that understanding that it might hurt.

Honestly, OP, you should have unfollowed her yourself from absolutely all social media. If you had done that, you wouldn't be dealing with all these emotions now and feeling like you've been dumped all over again. She didn't just kick you out of her life. You two broke up a long time ago. Unfollowing ex's is normal. No, she wasn't carrying some torch for you, she was the one who chose to end things.

Harsh reality is that you are the one still carrying that torch and that's why this has you so wound up. At the same time, yes this is ultimately going to force you to let go for good. Last strings being severed. As for why she did it? Either she was doing some spring cleaning and figured it's been long enough not to affect you anymore or she is in a new relationship and doesn't want ex's following her and causing potential drama in her new relationship. Either way, she is clearing out old debri. Sorry if this is harsh, but OP, you have to stop harboring hopes and thoughts, accept that this ended and move on for good yourself. After so many months, you shouldn't have even noticed let alone gotten upset. If you are honest with yourself, even if you weren't stalking her on it, you were very much treating it as a connection, as a string attached, thus the upset that it's been cut. It might not feel like it, but it's for your own good that she did it.

Archived