So I’m an idiot. I don’t like my ex romantically in any way. I’ve figured that much out. I also know I don’t want her in my life at all. The only issue is every time I get turned on she is all I can think about. So here’s why this is such an issue. I found someone, a girl I’m sure I could have fallen in love with. She had everything I wanted and more, best yet she was the kinda girl that would make you forget about time passing. Anyway I lost her, it was all my fault. What’s worse is I had 3 chances and I ed up the exact same way 3 times. Every time I started getting close to her, I got cold feet and ran right back to my ex. I’m not sure why maybe it was because my ex was the safe choice of the two. I did it 3 times and on the 4th time she threw and right back in my face and I got what I deserved for doing what I did. I don’t think there’s a chance for us anymore. I wish there was and if any of you have got some idea please share. I pretty sure it’s hopeless though so why bother. I cant stop feeling terrible. I never even dated this girl or anything, but for some reason I feel closer to her than I ever was to my ex. Anyway I’m a I’m an idiot and I know it. The issue now is even though all this happened, it still happens. Every time I get turned on I start thinking about my ex. I want it to go away. There may not be a chance for me and this girl anymore, but I wanna be able to have a chance with other girls. I don’t think I can do that though if I can’t get my ex out of my head in that way. I’ve decided to take some time out of the dating world for a while. Probably for obvious reasons. Mainly I need to get my priorities set straight so I’m not so blind to the mistakes I’m making. I need to solve this issue though, because I’m tired of making hasty and dumb choices just at the thought of spending another sweaty night with my ex. I moved on mentally, now how do I move on sexually( note I’ve had sex with someone else since my ex, but my ex was my first time(s))?

Well, you always remember your first time. But now that you know the problem, you know that you have to use mind over matter. You can control your impulses. Stop going back to your ex. Just tell yourself no. Pinch yourself, if you have to. Wear a rubber band around your wrist and snap it every time you think of your ex. You'll come to equate the sharp pain of the rubber band snapping with your ex, and it might be enough to get over her. Sure, you can take a break from dating. But keep snapping that rubber band or pinching yourself to correct your thoughts. You're not going to have a good relationship until you get her out of your head.

Unfortunately it sounds like you are trying to move on but realize you are still very hung up on the ex. Why did you break up? Are you still communicating, seeing each other or hooking up?

I moved on mentally, now how do I move on sexually note I’ve had sex with someone else since my ex, but my ex was my first time
Unfortunately it sounds like you are trying to move on but realize you are still very hung up on the ex. Why did you break up? Are you still communicating, seeing each other or hooking up?

We broke up, because well we didnt get along. There was a lot of fighting and I feel like both of us lacked the means to give the other what they needed. We hooked up a little bit ago, but after that I cut things off between us.

Archived