I Want To Move On But I Feel Stuck And Don’t Know What To Do? Please Help

My ex and I were together for two years and had split up in February, we stopped talking for about a month and I reached out to him. We would hang out and go to lunch and after a while we stopped talking for another three weeks. During the time I was very ill and was admired to the hospital for about a month and he eventually reached out to me saying that he worries about me. For the most part out relationship was good and he would say that I was a blessing to him and his daughter, some of our friends thought we made a great couple and thought I was great to him for being there and treating him good. We started to talk again in July and also getting intimate again, I know that wasn’t the best thing to do because for one I was still Ill and I will be honest I was vulnerable and depressed because of my health issues that I was still going through. We would hangout almost everyday, be intimate again, have dinner together, his mom would invite me to eat and it just felt like we were dating again. I did tell him that i do miss being with him and what about getting back together? He wouldn’t say much but “mmm we’ll see.” I did tell him I loved him still very much and he was there for me a few times when I was having bad days. What confuses me is that he would be jealous whenever I mentioned a male friend or look at my phone when I would text. This continued up until mid October, what had happen was is that I found out he had meet a girl at his brothers wedding and a few days later then went on a date. Apparently he was extremely drunk and didn’t remember asking for her number. I had asked him if he was ever going to tell me and he said, “yes. Idk when.” I had asked him were you going to test the waters with her and see where it would go? Or you weren’t sure when to tell me because you didn’t want to hurt my feelings?” His response threw me off : “i was gonna tell you eventually If not before long.” That didn’t make sense so I told him, “okay well you’re only looking for youself, I’m not surprised it is what it is. I’m out, take care.” After that I removed and blocked him in my phone and social networks.

I feel really hurt because I feel used, frustrated like this girl is going to get the best of him and she doesn’t have to deal with all the BS I did when he was going through his split with His BM or when he was at his worst like I did. I feel as if he’s just going to be happy and I’m just here trying to move on and get better. I keep thinking about her and him like maybe she’s the one for him or maybe she’ll change him since in most of his relationships he’s been stubborn and doesn’t really communicate. How I can I just forgive myself and just move on from him? As well as stop thinking about what’s going on with him and this new girl? Im always thinking will he ever regret just walking away from me? Will it ever come back to him? I just want to move on and live live for myself and just see the bigger picture on why we broke up. I have moments where I’m okay and other times I’m not. We haven’t spoken in two weeks and I feel like I should’ve been over this long time ago.

Sorry this happened. Hopefully you have deleted and blocked him and all his people from messaging apps and social media. Don't be his backup plan time and time again. Or let anyone string you along like this again.

I did tell him that i do miss being with him and what about getting back together? He wouldn’t say much but “mmm we’ll see.” I did tell him I loved him still very much and he was there for me a few times when I was having bad days.
Sorry this happened. Hopefully you have deleted and blocked him and all his people from messaging apps and social media. Don't be his backup plan time and time again. Or let anyone string you along like this again.

That’s the first thing I did as soon As I found out, I blocked him from everything and deleted his number as well as blocked, although we have mutual friends I had asked them that u would rather not be around if he’s going to be a certain gatherings, or if does ask about me, which I doubt, but still I don’t want him to know anything about me or what has been going on in my recovery or what’s been going on in my life

I just want to move on and live live for myself and just see the bigger picture on why we broke up. I have moments where I’m okay and other times I’m not. We haven’t spoken in two weeks and I feel like I should’ve been over this long time ago.

And you would have been, or at least well on your way, had you two not continued seeing each other and sleeping together. In essence, you only truly started to process the break-up only two weeks ago when you found out he's seeing someone else and stopped speaking to him. It's not realistic to expect yourself to be over it considering you didn't really realize he wasn't coming back until a couple weeks ago. Be patient with yourself, and don't beat yourself up over something that can't be undone now.

You also can't assume she will be the best thing to ever happen to him, and nor should you assume you've lost someone amazing who was the best thing to ever happen to you. He's not that great if he continued to see and sleep with you, knowing how you felt and how he didn't feel the same way. I have a special, hard side-eye for people who take full advantage of their ex's vulnerability and lingering feelings like that. You went along with it, yes, but a halfway decent man wouldn't even leave that offer on the table for you after he's broken up with you. He knew better and he went for anyway; remember that when you feel like this new woman someone "won".

Well, why did you originally break up? Apparently the relationship had problems, and he came back because you were seriously ill. You both became friendly again, but I don't think you were really a couple, especially with your ex's non-committal statements. He was concerned about you, but it seemed like he was just making time. Your health is better and so now he's wandering off.

It's normal to feel angry and jealous after a break up, but this was more of a postscript or an afterword to the original relationship. You need to block him and move on. This temporary relationship was on borrowed time.

You need to get out and hang out with friends and family. Go to concerts and events. Go to the movies. Party season is coming up, so go to Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers and so forth. Pour yourself into any hobbies you have or interests. Do anything to keep your mind off of your ex.

Oof, this is tough and I've been through something similar, darling. It stinks when you keep on with someone because you're "almost" back together and then you find out they are still playing the field. It's not a mistake I will ever make twice, and I hope you don't either.

When someone ends a relationship, what they are saying in essence is that they want to explore other options. No matter the pretty words, it is always a big red sign for the person being broken up with that they need to bow out entirely. Take it as a lesson learned and pat yourself on the back for getting out before he ended it. You can do better than a man who decided to drag you through the mud for sex and attention while he lined up his next partner. Bleh!

Archived