Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Is this normal?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    I understand. I used to be about quantity too and I am not like that/don't need that anymore and don't want that. I'd rather have one M&M (which I have every day, just one and we have a jarful on the counter) then a 10 skittles for example. I calorie counted for many years and it was very bad for me psychologically. I have a very good sense of calories and do some calorie counting to maintain. For me, it's also bad to be continuously eating so having a two-bite fig that keeps me going till lunchtime or dinner is better than constantly eating (which is why I don't chew gum anymore either). My only real quantity thing is water - I drink so much I have to drink regularly throughout the day. The less I am spending time eating the better for my mindset, portion control, weight maintenance.

I love air popped popcorn but it doesn't agree with me if I eat too much and it's too easy to eat too much. All this is to say -OP - find a way to be very very in tune with when you are actually hungry, when you are full enough to last till the next meal/between meal snack, and when you are actually thirsty - focusing on that takes time and is so worth it because you likely will not like the feeling of being even a bit too full very soon (well, that is how it worked for me). When I counted calories/dieted too much, cheated too much I lost those natural abilities. Exercise helps a lot - being in tune with your body while it works and sweats, pushes to the limits at times means you will also be more in tune with what your body needs for fuel and what tastes good and what types of food work for different times of day (for example, I cannot eat dessert for dinner -I'll feel sick- but sometimes I can have more carbs in my meal than protein, sometimes the opposite depending on how hungry I am/time of day.

What also helps is to stop eating hours before bedtime except for maybe a small snack. Eating breakfast is great for metabolism and getting your body ready for breakfast is a good thing - sleep is better when you're less full IMO.
    Breakfast is very important.

It seems that the OP has left us. She did not take on any of our advice last time, so I do know if it will be accepted.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Breakfast is very important.

It seems that the OP has left us. She did not take on any of our advice last time, so I do know if it will be accepted.
    Yes. I thought you gave very helpful advice as well as others. It's a complicated subject and her approach is going to lead to unhealthy eating habits/relationship with food. Been there.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    Yes. I thought you gave very helpful advice as well as others. It's a complicated subject and her approach is going to lead to unhealthy eating habits/relationship with food. Been there.
    Thanks. So did you! There is so little nutrition in her diet. I don't know how she came up with the idea that she can live on milk, rice, meat and sugary garbage. There is so much info on healthy eating guidelines, and she comes up with that.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Give Advice
Ask For Advice