LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this normal?

Platinum Member
    This is awful. You're starving yourself and then you eat voraciously. This is not healthy for your stomach or your organs to be hit with so many calories and have to process so much food. How do you feel after doing this? You must feel awful, being stuffed and have to digest all of this. Is that why you don't eat after 3 pm? You just can't. This is an eating disorder caused by starvation.

Instead of eating 7 meals in one day, you should stretch this out during the week so you're not starving yourself. Add an extra meal each day and increase your calorie intake to 1500-1800, Also just walking back and forth from work is not enough exercise. From what you've said, you get no other exercise. You need to take an extra walk each day. I understand about your safety concerns. Maybe you can walk around a shopping mall or your apartment building, some place safe.

But the bottom line is you've got to stop starving yourself. It's not good for your body and you may need to talk with a nutritionist or a therapist to get you towards a more normal eating plan..

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Just eat in moderation every day. Not starvation but what your body actually needs. But binging like that and actually forcing yourself to eat more and more and more is actually not normal and every calorie you saved over the week you packed on and more.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by DanZee
    This is awful. You're starving yourself and then you eat voraciously. This is not healthy for your stomach or your organs to be hit with so many calories and have to process so much food. How do you feel after doing this? You must feel awful, being stuffed and have to digest all of this. Is that why you don't eat after 3 pm? You just can't. This is an eating disorder caused by starvation.

Instead of eating 7 meals in one day, you should stretch this out during the week so you're not starving yourself. Add an extra meal each day and increase your calorie intake to 1500-1800, Also just walking back and forth from work is not enough exercise. From what you've said, you get no other exercise. You need to take an extra walk each day. I understand about your safety concerns. Maybe you can walk around a shopping mall or your apartment building, some place safe.

But the bottom line is you've got to stop starving yourself. It's not good for your body and you may need to talk with a nutritionist or a therapist to get you towards a more normal eating plan..
    I don't think she is starving herself. I think 1500 calories is a bit high if you are trying to lose weight. She should be around the 1200 range.

She should be eating that crap more than once a week, and then it is one or two items. She needs to get her calories under control.

OP, you don;t know what you are doing with your diet. Seek a professional.

I agree with Holly. 1500 a day is far from starving yourself.

Now if it was 400 or less per day, then yes, that would be cause for concern. But 1500 is still doing fairly well.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SherrySher
    I agree with Holly. 1500 a day is far from starving you.
    That's if she's even eating 1500 calories a day. She has said she eats three half-bowls of rice a day and a little meat and veggies. That's about 1,000 calories. And then to eat 3,000-4,000 calories one day a week cancels out any dieting gains, so she's not losing any weight. It's not a good diet plan.

Platinum Member
    Going wild on a cheat day is not unusual, no. Plenty of people do this. It's not necessarily the healthiest way forward, but a treat-filled cheat day does not qualify as an eating disorder.

What does strike me as unusual here is that you appear to be forcing it on yourself, OP. What's up with that?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by DanZee
    That's if she's even eating 1500 calories a day. She has said she eats three half-bowls of rice a day and a little meat and veggies. That's about 1,000 calories. And then to eat 3,000-4,000 calories one day a week cancels out any dieting gains, so she's not losing any weight. It's not a good diet plan.
    "I estimate my calorie intake per day is 1000-1500 calories." She is not starving herself. She didn't add her entire menu. I think she left stuff out. Dieting should not include rice three times a day,

You undo the good you do during the week when you pig out on your once a week cheat day. Do you not see that? All that work for 6 days goes out the window when you chow down on everything in sight on day 7. It is not normal and it is certainly not healthy. A dietician can help you work out a 7 day a week plan to eat healthfully for that entire week. Please get some assistance with eating properly before you ruin your health.

Replied in your identical thread: [Register to see the link]

Gold Member
    Unfortunately, this kind of eating style is not abnormal. Not healthy, but not abnormal. Certainly not an eating disorder. Despite being thin, I do partake in forcing myself to eat (aka pleasure eating). I like food. A lot. However, I am active and work out enough to burn it. It's normal. You want to taste food for satisfaction. How do people think they become overweight? Due to this. They don't need the extra calories - they like enjoying them.

Look, there is no question you have unhealthy eating habits. The truth is, so does the rising majority of food abundant areas in the world. Many struggle to battle the bulge. Now, more are failing because of the kind of unhealthy food easily available.

Do yourself a favor; start working out at least a few times a week (not just walking, go to the gym) and start only buying healthier food. It's harder to eat unhealthy when there's nothing but healthy foods in your home. Buy items you love that are healthy. I like to eat, but there are healthier options I choose that are also tasty to me. I like to drink unsweetened/lightly sweetened low calorie tea and sparkling water when just plain old water doesn't do it for me (I drink a lot). I don't like empty calories, so if I can improve on my snacks or eliminate it from drinks I will.

Seek advisement of a nutritionist if you can, but I am sure you know the basics of good nutrition to at least start buying produce and whole grains with fiber first. You can only get away with not exercising in your life for so long until you begin to develop health problems. I am talking about lifting weights with proper form and low impact aerobic exercises, not just walking. You seem to like to talk about your diet/fitness or find excuses such as having an eating disorder, rather than seriously fixing your overall health. Sorry, you're in a similar boat as many others. It is a struggle for most, some just manage it better than others.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice