Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Man brings lawsuit to lower age by 20 years...

milly007

I don’t have a question, I just thought the people of ENA would find this interesting. I know he’s already known in the media, from what I read today. I’d never heard of him until I saw this article today. As you can see, he’s hoping to better his options on Tinder/dating in general if this takes (this is just one of his reasons for commencing the lawsuit). Can’t see the court granting this, as there would be a massive slippery slope argument regarding why this shouldn’t be allowed, one would think. The court should be rendering their decision within the next four or so weeks.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-46133262

From the article:

"Emile Ratelband, 69, wants to shift his birthday from 11 March 1949 to 11 March 1969, comparing the change to identifying as being transgender."

So now, in addition to gender fluidity, this guy wants age fluidity?

He wants to officially reduce his birthdate, on Tinder, by 20 years, so he can appeal to 49 year-olds?

He needs to take his 69 year-old self and fly a kite.

Unless he'd be ok with a 20 year-swing in the opposite direction: you have to put your age as 89.

Age-lying is one of my biggest pet peeves.

"When I'm on Tinder and it says I'm 69, I don't get an answer. When I'm 49, with the face I have, I will be in a luxurious position. Mr Ratelband further argued that according to his doctors he has the body of a 45-year-old, and described himself as a "young god".”

^This quote from the article. *cringe*

When I read this article, all I could think about is how massive this person’s ego must be. Not to mention the fact that I got the creeps.

Would be interesting to know what age demographic he’s interested in on Tinder, although I think I have a pretty good idea.

The world today, I tell ya...

I truly don't understand people who get panicky or depressed over getting older.

I embrace my old-ness! I point out to people that I'm old and that's why I forget stuff or have gray hair or can't climb stairs quickly. Plus, with AARP you get so many discounts and benefits! I save 20% on hotel rooms! Rental cars! Restaurant meals!

And I don't crave younger men. Yes, sometimes younger men flirt with me. I tell them my age and more often than not they are shocked (they think I'm in my 40s). It's flattering but I am not going to go cry in my room because I am more likely to attract men in their 50s than men in their 30s.

Age insecurity...it sure must suck to be so reliant on appearing young or being attractive to young people for your self esteem.

I can guess too.... lol. Omg I am 52 next week and he is too old for me let alone 20 somethings.

I’m thinkin’ 20-somethings too, Seraphim.

And he has 7 kids, with his 8th on the way in 2019, from what I read.

If the kids are older, wonder what they think.

One child is named ‘Rolls’. Another child is named ‘Royce’.

*face palm*

I have no words.

I’m thinkin’ 20-somethings too, Seraphim.

And he has 7 kids, with his 8th on the way in 2019, from what I read.

If the kids are older, wonder what they think.

One child is named ‘Rolls’. Another child is named ‘Royce’.

*face palm*

I have no words.

Ah, ok, so he is a tool.... lol.

My question is, "How did this nonsense even make it to court? The verdict should read, "no to an age change, and yes to a vasectomy."

Lol. It’s actually shocking the types of claims people make in court sometimes. Like this case, for example. Don’t know what to think when I hear about these stories in the news, or read about them on social media.

Here’s hoping the court doesn’t grant his request. Can you imagine the amount of people wanting to change their age if this is approved?

Will be interesting to see the decision.

Lol. It’s actually shocking the types of claims people make in court sometimes. Like this case, for example. Don’t know what to think when I hear about these stories in the news, or read about them on social media.

Here’s hoping the court doesn’t grant his request. Can you imagine the amount of people wanting to change their age if this is approved?

Will be interesting to see the decision.

Here’s another example, HeartGoesOn:

https://guacamoley.com/the-scoop/2018/11/09/couple-tried-sue-mcdonalds-quarter-pounder/?utm_content=inf_10_3742_2&utm_campaign=GTAK&tse_id=INF_b0a28b40e47111e8871cc5c94d0ec567

• 4 weeks later...

Archived