Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ended things with FWB, she wrote this... any of it worth reading into?

Ended things with FWB, she wrote this... any of it worth reading into?

I was in a FWB with someone for about 2 months, never fought, no drama, nothing like that. She said there was someone else, didn't want to sleep with 2 guys at once, but wrote me this;

"You donít owe me anything, least of all an apology. Itís human nature to get attached and I understand if it felt like the rug was pulled from underneath you. Regardless, for me, there werenít emotions involved, which was why it was easy for me to be suddenly done. Regardless of what happened or how, you were what I needed in a sincerely ed up time of my life, and that shouldnít be forgotten. And honestly, itís not personal at all. You didnít do anything ďwrong,Ē so I hope you donít feel like thatís the case."

I'm perfectly all right with being a rebound, but always felt like she gave me mixed signals during our time together.

As for now, I'm just backing off on social media stuff/texting her.

Platinum Member
    There isn't really anything to read into, OP.

She sounds like a kind enough person who didn't want to hurt you, but wants you to know that your feelings for her were not mutual. And now she has found someone she wants to date.

Yes, it's time to keep your distance. You're not going to want a front-row seat to her new love life with another guy.

To me, you wanted more from the FWB but it suited her fine as it was. THis is how FWB often ends, with one side catching feelings and getting hurt because they are unrequited. At least she is friends enough to admit what the situation is, and kind enough to tell you to move on.

Let her go and move on. Perhaps look for someone interested in more than just sex next time.

Platinum Member
    Maybe you misunderstood the FWB part. It's not a relationship. It's just about having sex with someone you know.

Originally Posted by Keyman
    To me, you wanted more from the FWB but it suited her fine as it was. THis is how FWB often ends, with one side catching feelings and getting hurt because they are unrequited. At least she is friends enough to admit what the situation is, and kind enough to tell you to move on.

Let her go and move on. Perhaps look for someone interested in more than just sex next time.
    I was perfectly fine with just sex, I figured it was just a rollercoaster ride that was unlimited. Due to my work schedule I barely have enough time for myself, so a relationship isnít something Iím looking for.

Iím also an affectionate lover too, I tend to make women feel very adored and appreciated, she told me (after we hooked up one last time) that she loved my touches, my kisses and the sex.

However itís worth noting she did get dumped earlier this year after a 4 year relationship. She slid into my DMs and this all just snowballed!

I donít know her reason as to why she abruptly stopped even, but I wasnít genuinely surprised by her message as it made me feel good about myself and being there for her.

Iím sad you lost your fwb but happy with the way she ended it. A lot of times, fwb are jerks who just start pulling away, ignore, or ghost, and youíre left wondering with a bunch of whys. Definitely pull all the way back now, donít reach out first, donít look at her posts. It sucks that fwb are ready at the same time to start it but both rarely ever in the same space for it to stop at the same time.

Wow that is condescending/arrogant. Who writes this type of narcissistic crap "it's easy for me to pull away because I used you when I needed to"? Block and delete her.
    Originally Posted by thadderbox
    "You donít owe me anything, least of all an apology. Itís human nature to get attached and I understand if it felt like the rug was pulled from underneath you. Regardless, for me, there werenít emotions involved, which was why it was easy for me to be suddenly done. Regardless of what happened or how, you were what I needed in a sincerely ed up time of my life, and that shouldnít be forgotten. And honestly, itís not personal at all. You didnít do anything ďwrong,Ē so I hope you donít feel like thatís the case."

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by thadderbox
    I donít know her reason as to why she abruptly stopped even, but I wasnít genuinely surprised by her message as it made me feel good about myself and being there for her.
    It sounds like she's been seeing someone she wants to date, and since she is going to be sexually active with him, she had to cut you loose.

What was the message you sent her before she sent you the one you copied in this thread? What apology is she referring to?

I seen it as rather cold..like she wanted to dump you as quick and fast as possible while letting you know that you meant little to nothing even though you swapped body fluids.

I don't see warmth in it at all.

I think if you want romance and there to be genuine feelings, you'd need to get a genuine girlfriend and not a meaningless fling.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Wow that is condescending/arrogant. Who writes this type of narcissistic crap "it's easy for me to pull away because I used you when I needed to"? Block and delete her.
    I don't think anyone was "used" when they both volunteered for a NSA sexual relationship.

@Op: She closed a door with that letter. If I were you, I'd keep the door closed and just get on with finding someone who is ready to be in something a little more mutual. Hopefully you'll have your own dating end goals figured out by then and won't need someone as "filler."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice