Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unpleasant childhood memory

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Rachel2535
    My goodness I am so sorry you went through that. I was abused as a child and it will forever be imbedded in my mind. But that doesn’t have to ever be who you are! There is healing. I know a book that helped me a lot was Mending the Soul by Steven Tracy. It helped me understand so much. I am praying for you and the kiddos you are helping.
    Thank-you, yes, I understand. I hope you feel better too. :)

Platinum Member
    Oh my gosh, what a terrible memory. I'm so sorry you had to endure that, and at such a young age. Took strength for you to be able to type that out, I'm sure.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by LHGirl
    Oh my gosh, what a terrible memory. I'm so sorry you had to endure that, and at such a young age. Took strength for you to be able to type that out, I'm sure.
    It is an abuse memory I won’t forget for sure. I think I have mentioned it on here. But I have a hard time talking about these things with friends because it makes them cry . And I have a hard time talking to my mom about it because it makes her feel guilty . I remember talking about somethings with a friend and her daughter in a restaurant and her daughter just burst into tears . Her daughter is an adult by the way she’s 43 . She said she was just so horrified for me she just burst into tears . I think things are coming to the forefront again because I have change in my life again . Change precipitates a lot of anxiety issues and memories . Even if it’s a change that is going to do me a lot of good .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice