Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GF sent me “I want to see you” at 5am, but she can’t find the time?

GF sent me “I want to see you” at 5am, but she can’t find the time?

Just a head’s up:

My GF is a student nurse in her 2 year. She’s had to redo the year. She’s also on an internship till December and has a part time job on top of that too. We’ve been together for 5 months.

Last week on Thursday she sends me a message at 5:00am saying “I want to see you”

I replied later on: “I want to see you too, when are you free?” She tells me she can’t because of exams during the week and finishing her internship late on the weekend.

I say “Sounds like your schedule is backed up, get in touch when you’ve got some time and we can organise something then”

3 days later she asks me how I am - I try asking her out again, to no avail.

3 days later on Sunday she sends another “How are you?” Text.

Went back and forth a couple of times but then I said I was exhausted and going to bed.

What the hell is going on?

She misses you

Originally Posted by IAmFCA
    She misses you
    She misses me but can’t see me (at the moment)?

I’ve read through other threads here, and the general consensus is that “You can never be too busy”?

Can't you go to her place or she to yours for 1 or 2h?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Sgthaytham
    She misses me but can’t see me (at the moment)?

I’ve read through other threads here, and the general consensus is that “You can never be too busy”?
    This is the same girlfriend with whom you have extended periods of no communication, right?

Bronze Member
    She misses you, but let me ask, do you never communicate at all unless you have a date lined up? I mean, is there time to exchange some texts or a call, or is it radio silence? People get busy, and maintaining some communication in between dates, particularly after five months, should be happening. Is it impossible to meet for a meal or coffee at any point? Do your schedules allow a quick meet? Everyone's gotta eat, and I would think she could be available for an hour or so if you have the time and ability to work around her schedule.

Your post comes across as there is zero communication unless there is a plan for a date, and I think there is an importance of maintaining some contact and communication in between. It's the glue. It's a very busy time of year and this too shall pass...we're assuming. If you feel she's constantly pulling the "too busy" card and is low interest, then you need to rethink this relationship and if it's going to work for you...how long you're going to be patient and wait for things to "slow down" in her life. It could be never, but I think you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't put forth some effort to cultivate a relationship during these times that life is hectic and just converse a little through text, a call, email.

If you have already extended effort and you have tried to talk to her in between seeing her, and she's unresponsive, your choice is to keep on waiting while living your life, or officially break it off.

Is she seeing someone locally? Are you sure the text was intended for you?
    Originally Posted by Sgthaytham
    Last week on Thursday she sends me a message at 5:00am saying “I want to see you”

I replied later on: “I want to see you too, when are you free?” She tells me she can’t because of exams during the week and finishing her internship late on the weekend.

3 days later she asks me how I am - I try asking her out again, to no avail. 3 days later on Sunday she sends another “How are you?” Text.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Is she seeing someone locally? Are you sure the text was intended for you?
    Of course it was intended for me.

She’s French and there is only one person she would speak English to, and that’s me.

Can one of you not pick up the phone and call the other so you can have a chat?

How far apart do you live from each other?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice