How to get guy out of thoughts

Tulip777

I've known a guy for years through choir. He gave me his number a while back but we wanted different things and he wasn't clear about his situation ie whether he married or not. So I told him stop the texting and contact. He never arranged to meet me in public and when I suggested dates he refused to meet me. Said he too busy. He was lazy and everything was on his terms. Then wanted to send me rude pics. Then he sent me one through an app though I said no. I think he was trying to push me into sleeping with him which i just didn't.

I am now sad. Sad because I thought he was nice and genuine. I've only got few friends as when I split with ex husband moved to new town. How do you get guy out of your mind

I think it hurt more because he said he's liked me for over 4 years. That he always fancied me. But he must have only wanted me for fun. I don't know what's going on in his life. He's a bit of a mystery..... he didn't want to meet for dates or go for meals out or anything... just late night walks. Most of the relationship was texting. I asked if he was still involved with someone but he didn't tell me of his situation. I don't even know where he lived!

I think because I am a nice person he took advantage. We only kissed nothing else.

You don't. You get busy living your life and the thoughts will still be there and will fade over time into the periphery. Don't "try" not to think about it -and of course you're thinking of someone who treated you disrespectfully and offensively. So once you take part in more positive activities, productive things, those thoughts will fade.

He never arranged to meet me in public and when I suggested dates he refused to meet me. Said he too busy. He was lazy and everything was on his terms. Then wanted to send me rude pics. Then he sent me one through an app though I said no. I think he was trying to push me into sleeping with him...

I am now sad. Sad because I thought he was nice and genuine.

These two comments contradict.

How is a guy who sent you nude pics, is lazy, wants everything on his terms and pushes sex "genuine and nice"?

Can you clarify your thought process about that?

I think you are lonely and miss the attention, even though that attention was rude, disrespectful and offensive.

The way to stop thinking about him is to stop telling yourself stories about how "nice" he was and see him for the lazy, rude and disrespectful man that he was -- and IS.

Any pervert who won't date you but sends you pics of his junk is someone to block and delete. Had you blocked him immediately after he asked for nude pics, this would not happen.

This has nothing to do with this jerk. It has to do with your divorce, being lonely and homesick. It's time to get a nice profile and pics up on dating apps and start messaging and meeting men. Also join some groups or clubs. Volunteer and look around for some local classes or courses. Broaden your horizons and you won't be desperate and lonely enough not to block creeps like this.

I suggested dates he refused to meet me.Then wanted to send me rude pics. Then he sent me one through an app though I said no.

I've only got few friends as when I split with ex husband moved to new town.

Any pervert who won't date you but sends you pics of his junk is someone to block and delete. Had you blocked him immediately after he asked for nude pics, this would not happen.

This has nothing to do with this jerk. It has to do with your divorce, being lonely and homesick. It's time to get a nice profile and pics up on dating apps and start messaging and meeting men. Also join some groups or clubs. Volunteer and look around for some local classes or courses. Broaden your horizons and you won't be desperate and lonely enough not to block creeps like this.

This is excellent advice!

Archived