Help!!

speak

Help. I work in property management and My manager is constantly saying one thing and doing another. She’ll tell you to do something one way and the next day tell you something completely different! We had a new hire a few months ago and she could tell she wasn’t going to hold up her half of the work in the office. She told me “I think she will be your delegator and put her work on you. If this happens let me know and I will stop it.” Soo brought to her attention a couple of times that my co-worker was delegating work to me and my boss was just like “what can I do about it?” With a shrug. So this morning me and my co worker had work that needed to be split with paperwork that was on my desk. I guess my co worker was not okay with the leads that I gave her and she made a big deal out of it. But she’s allllwaaayssss telling me what to do and asking me to carry her work load. I wasn’t even rude I just split it. So my manager ended up talking to us both together. I don’t think much came from it. Later that day my manager sent an email with tips on how to get along with your co workers. She said no one was to speak to her assistant manager about anything anyone was doing in the office stating it was gossip. I responded letting her know that I never gossip but try my best to state facts and keep my superiors informed of what’s going on. I told her that I did what she asked of me by informing her of my co workers actions. That made her mad and when we went into the office she said that I was narcissistic and that I always try to listen in on her conversations with her assistant manager which is SUCCCHHH a lie! I have no choice but to go to the printer every five minutes and it’s not my fault she doesn’t shut her door! She said that I was pushing it back on her with the email that I responded to stating I was doing what she asked. She always called people out even in meetings and I don’t know what to do!!!!!!

Well, since you can't win, I would urge you to do as much work as you can during your normal work hours (say 9am to 5 pm), without killing yourself, and leave for the day. When asked what you did, keep a log and tell the boss you did 7 projects while your partner did 3. Leave it to the boss to do the yelling at your partner.

There's a difference between someone attempting to delegate versus accepting that task without negotiating a fair tradeoff. "Sure, I'll agree to that if you'll cover x."

If that kind of negotiating isn't possible with this coworker, and management fails to cover your back, I'd either apply for other jobs within the company or elsewhere.

Archived