Well misunderstanding and update!

So this is embarrassing my iron infusions did take. I misunderstood her when she said levels were still high she was referring to other labs. I saw her this past Monday. I actually gained 3 liters of iron in my blood I had been missing.

She’s rechecking the iron to make sure it sticks six months from now.

I still feel sick and my joints and fatigue is still really bad! I see primary and endocrinologist and getting a referral too rheumatologist!

The hematologist was thinking bone marrow biopsy if my iron depletes in six months. But luckily I don’t have to deal with that right now.

I’m trying to walk on the treadmill with my achy joints at a slow pace. Will exercise help?

I had my thyroid and parathyroid ruled out.

I wish I had an answer to why I’ve gradually been feeling crummy for a year!

Well at least my iron is okay. Sorry about that I was confused myself.

Lisa

I hate to say it, but you're going to have to go to all these doctors until you find the real cause. Make sure they check for autoimmune diseases and particularly rheumatoid arthritis which causes anemia as well as joint pain. You've already been checked for bleeding and pregnancy, which are the most common causes. You probably had your red cell count checked. Keep eating foods rich in iron. If you're taking any medication, have that checked for anything that can cause fatigue. Simple blood pressure medication had me in the hospital twice before I was taken off of it. Keep on keeping on.

So glad to hear that the iron took. That's an important hurdle. Now onto finding the cause of depletion with any referrals you can gather.

I'd phone doc's office to ask best options for exercise to regain muscle elasticity and join lubrication without straining your heart.

Holding you in my thoughts, and I hope you'll keep us updated on your progress.

((((HUGS))),

Cat

Are they addressing the abnormal lab results? Yes exercise will help. Try a low impact stretch or yoga class. It will also help with stress. Hope you feel better.

I misunderstood her when she said levels were still high she was referring to other labs. I see primary and endocrinologist and getting a referral too rheumatologist! I’m trying to walk on the treadmill with my achy joints at a slow pace. Will exercise help?

So glad to hear that the iron took. That's an important hurdle. Now onto finding the cause of depletion with any referrals you can gather.

I'd phone doc's office to ask best options for exercise to regain muscle elasticity and join lubrication without straining your heart.

Holding you in my thoughts, and I hope you'll keep us updated on your progress.

((((HUGS))),

Cat

Same here. I am glad you feel relieved and I am so sorry you are still feeling poorly.

Thank you all!

I’m really happy the iron worked out fine into my bloodwork.

The next step after seeing primary and endocrinologist is a rheumatologist. I have a ton of autoimmune that runs in my family. My mom has a lot of different autoimmune arthritis disorders.

My blood aunt and cousin have Lupus really bad!

The reason I haven’t seen a rheumatologist before is because my ANA always comes back normal. The last time I had it tested was a little over a year ago.

I will definitely get to the bottom of this and keep you updated.

As for exercise thank you for the helpful suggestions.

Archived