Why hasn't this girl accepted my instagram follow request?

HypeTiger

Hey, I sent a follow request on Instagram to this girl. I know her because she is in my cross country team. And I have read just about every posts about why hasn't this girl accepted my follow requests. And majority of them says that she is not interested in you or is simply inactive. I have consider that as an outcome. But her twin sister easily accept my Instagram follow request in just a few days. I have a gut feeling that she likes me. And its been a few days she still hadn't accept nor decline it. Am I sitting in her mind, is she nervous about my follow request?

Why is it so important to you?

I just don't understand the neeeed to follow or be followed. It must be that I actually learned how to interact with someone I want to get to know, in person, face to face.

Dude, you see her when you cross country ski with her, why not get to know her better there instead of creep her social media?

Since you seem to want a direct answer about this, I would say her not accepting means she is not interested in you. If she uses Instagram, saw it, and ignored it, there's really no other interpretation. I've never left a friend request unaccepted when I was attracted to the person.

Regardless, stop making a big deal about it. Talk to her in real life and gauge her interest there. If you do so objectively, you can figure out whether or not you need to move on.

I am not Facebook friends with my neighbor, with people i volunteer with or see daily. I would not take it either way -- if her instagram is private she may only want family or her close girlfriends following her. Or people that she doesn't know in real life. I would not let it bother you

Some people are just very private. I'm not a massive social media person. That said I do have insta and it has taken me weeks to notice a request to accept. Doesn't mean I don't want that person to follow me. Just means I never noticed.

Also I would only have certain people follow me that I want to see my things. Like I said some people are private people. Nothing against you at all.

What was the purpose of your request? Have you spoken to her in person? Do you like her? As a friend or would you like to date her? If you want to date her, ask her out. If you want to be friends, just be friendly to her. Perhaps she has a bf or doesn't accept random guys she's never spoken to following her social media.

I sent a follow request on Instagram to this girl. I know her because she is in my cross country team.
What was the purpose of your request? Have you spoken to her in person? Do you like her? As a friend or would you like to date her? If you want to date her, ask her out. If you want to be friends, just be friendly to her. Perhaps she has a bf or doesn't accept random guys she's never spoken to following her social media.

My purpose is just to look at her posts. And I sorta do like her. I have talked to her before but it was briefly. I don't really talk to her outside of cross country mainly because she is usually with her group of friends.

Since you seem to want a direct answer about this, I would say her not accepting means she is not interested in you. If she uses Instagram, saw it, and ignored it, there's really no other interpretation. I've never left a friend request unaccepted when I was attracted to the person.

Regardless, stop making a big deal about it. Talk to her in real life and gauge her interest there. If you do so objectively, you can figure out whether or not you need to move on.

Like I said, I wish I could talk to her in person but I am sorta a shy person and it would be awkward. Plus she hangs out with her group of friends.

What's the point of hoping to stalk her social media? Obviously that approach didn't work and it's kind of creepy. If you think she likes you, you ask a girl out. Decide whether you "sorta like her" or want to date her or just want to be friends. Stop using excuses like "she's with her friends" and talk to her at cross country and ask her out. Or don't date her. Up to you.

My purpose is just to look at her posts. And I sorta do like her. I have talked to her before but it was briefly.
What's the point of hoping to stalk her social media? Obviously that approach didn't work and it's kind of creepy. If you think she likes you, you ask a girl out. Decide whether you "sorta like her" or want to date her or just want to be friends. Stop using excuses like "she's with her friends" and talk to her at cross country and ask her out. Or don't date her. Up to you.

ok....seems very risky

Imo, she is not interested. Had she been interested there is no reason not to accept. She has not declined it because she probably does not want to offend you given that you are in the same team. What you describe is the behaviour of someone who does not want to accept the request but does not want to offend you.

Imo, she is not interested. Had she been interested there is no reason not to accept. She has not declined it because she probably does not want to offend you given that you are in the same team. What you describe is the behaviour of someone who does not want to accept the request but does not want to offend you.

This. What you think is her attraction to you is just you projecting onto her and hoping for a different answer. If you felt certain she was you wouldn’t be here asking about it.

I suggest removing the request and not making things awkward for either of you.

Yes, exactly this. The level of obsessing you're currently doing makes me think that she probably knows you have a crush on her, and she may be averse to encouraging you in any way. If you're not willing to take the risk to talk to her in person, there is no point in stalking her Instagram. Recognize the crush is getting unhealthy and try to move on.

I wish I could but she is always with her group of friends. And she has been on my mind for quite sometimes now. My gut feeling tells me she likes me. I feel like she is a bit hesitant about it.

Then go over to her and her group of friends and when you get a chance to engage her in conversation then talk to her about the ski run you've both been on. Ignore the fact you have sent her a friend request and just start engaging her in conversation.

There are plenty of reasons why she hasn't accepted a social media friend request so don't settle in on negative reasons why she hasn't accepted and judge her interest by how she reacts to you in person.

Archived