Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why hasn't this girl accepted my instagram follow request?

I wish I could but she is always with her group of friends. And she has been on my mind for quite sometimes now. My gut feeling tells me she likes me. I feel like she is a bit hesitant about it.

Originally Posted by SGH
    Since you seem to want a direct answer about this, I would say her not accepting means she is not interested in you. If she uses Instagram, saw it, and ignored it, there's really no other interpretation. I've never left a friend request unaccepted when I was attracted to the person.

Regardless, stop making a big deal about it. Talk to her in real life and gauge her interest there. If you do so objectively, you can figure out whether or not you need to move on.
    Like I said, I wish I could talk to her in person but I am sorta a shy person and it would be awkward. Plus she hangs out with her group of friends.

Originally Posted by DanZee
    Yeah, why don't you just talk to her?
    Well, it is sorta awkward, she is always with her group of friends.

What's the point of hoping to stalk her social media? Obviously that approach didn't work and it's kind of creepy. If you think she likes you, you ask a girl out. Decide whether you "sorta like her" or want to date her or just want to be friends. Stop using excuses like "she's with her friends" and talk to her at cross country and ask her out. Or don't date her. Up to you.
    Originally Posted by HypeTiger
    My purpose is just to look at her posts. And I sorta do like her. I have talked to her before but it was briefly.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    What's the point of hoping to stalk her social media? Obviously that approach didn't work and it's kind of creepy. If you think she likes you, you ask a girl out. Decide whether you "sorta like her" or want to date her or just want to be friends. Stop using excuses like "she's with her friends" and talk to her at cross country and ask her out. Or don't date her. Up to you.
    ok....seems very risky

7. 11-03-2018, 11:14 AM

Imo, she is not interested. Had she been interested there is no reason not to accept. She has not declined it because she probably does not want to offend you given that you are in the same team. What you describe is the behaviour of someone who does not want to accept the request but does not want to offend you.

Originally Posted by Clio
    Imo, she is not interested. Had she been interested there is no reason not to accept. She has not declined it because she probably does not want to offend you given that you are in the same team. What you describe is the behaviour of someone who does not want to accept the request but does not want to offend you.
    This. What you think is her attraction to you is just you projecting onto her and hoping for a different answer. If you felt certain she was you wouldn’t be here asking about it.

I suggest removing the request and not making things awkward for either of you.

Originally Posted by Clio
    Yes, exactly this. The level of obsessing you're currently doing makes me think that she probably knows you have a crush on her, and she may be averse to encouraging you in any way. If you're not willing to take the risk to talk to her in person, there is no point in stalking her Instagram. Recognize the crush is getting unhealthy and try to move on.

Oh, and don't remove the request! It shows you care way too much about the outcome of her accepting. Just leave it as is.

Originally Posted by HypeTiger
    I wish I could but she is always with her group of friends. And she has been on my mind for quite sometimes now. My gut feeling tells me she likes me. I feel like she is a bit hesitant about it.
    Then go over to her and her group of friends and when you get a chance to engage her in conversation then talk to her about the ski run you've both been on. Ignore the fact you have sent her a friend request and just start engaging her in conversation.

There are plenty of reasons why she hasn't accepted a social media friend request so don't settle in on negative reasons why she hasn't accepted and judge her interest by how she reacts to you in person.

13. 11-03-2018, 11:28 PM
    Reason
    Troll

14. 04-10-2019, 03:22 AM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice