LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I walk away?

Originally Posted by ninjabib
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss and she was wrong to string you along but there's something on your posts that leaps out to me.

You refer to "needing" a woman/partner more than once. This, could lead to you being, unintentionally, perhaps a bit needy during a relationship. I don't doubt that you are the well rounded and accomplished man you say you are but there seems to be a lot of you stressing you need a piece to complete your life puzzle.

It's not a dig at you. I've been there myself. I could be completely wrong but I'd suggest not dating for a while and work on yourself and your own happiness before looking for the next partner. Of course block this woman and never speak to her again.

Edit - i dont mena this girl specifically, it sounds like she moved away, the distance caused a slight drift and she found someone close that she liked. You say you get told you "are a really nice guy" a lot and also that you are creepy once.
    I hate to get defensive, but let me say one thing: I am not needy by any means. I was not at all a cling to her. I always told her, "you do your thing", any time she wanted to see friends, I never was against that at all. I always gave her as much space as I could. I think what it comes down to is she's young and not ready to settle down.

Gold Member
    Why are you still proceeding with this?

You know what to do, so implement.

Platinum Member
    I'm sorry you're feeling so down, OP.

She is still very young, to be fair. It's not unusual for people at her age to have had mostly shorter-term relationships; they're often not so eager to commit and settle down yet. It doesn't necessarily mean there's anything inherently wrong or flawed about her, but it does mean she couldn't give you the commitment you'd hoped for.

I know you're feeling quite lost at the moment, but now would be a good time to take a step back from dating for little while. Heal, and regain your confidence. Approaching women in bars isn't necessarily the best way to find a partner, but it could help in building up your skills in chatting with women and just being yourself. Don't push yourself into it if you're truly uncomfortable though. That discomfort will be obvious to the women you're interacting with and could make for an awkward experience for all.

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by mack1490
    I hate to get defensive, but let me say one thing: I am not needy by any means. I was not at all a cling to her. I always told her, "you do your thing", any time she wanted to see friends, I never was against that at all. I always gave her as much space as I could. I think what it comes down to is she's young and not ready to settle down.

Ok, i'm with you, just my 2 pennies. Sometimes we can runaway with oursleves is all i was trying to say. Hope you feel better soon :)

6. 11-18-2018, 03:20 PM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice