Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Please Help Me; Short Relationship Ended

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm feeling very emotional today and feeling lonely/abandoned. Do any of you guys have advice on how to not feel abandoned/discarded/disposed?

Focus on your school interviews and upcoming attendance there. Research all the social activities and campuses. Get involved in a good future, not a bad past.
    Originally Posted by melody147
    Thanks for the responses guys. I'm feeling very emotional today and feeling lonely/abandoned. Do any of you guys have advice on how to not feel abandoned/discarded/disposed?

Updates;
    I did NC for about 3 weeks then broke it to ask him to lunch. I was hoping we could reconnect as friends, and I also got him a gift in Mexico when I went a week ago, sort of as a gift to open our friendship so that he can see there are no hard feelings. He seemed down; then when I confirmed lunch the day before, he said sorry he couldn't cuz of some job thing. Didn't attempt to reschedule, nothing. This was Sunday and now it's Wednesday. He doesn't seem to want to see me. Even as a friend. Which hurts a helluva lot.

Platinum Member
    Updates;
    I did NC for about 3 weeks then broke it to ask him to lunch. I was hoping we could reconnect as friends, and I also got him a gift in Mexico when I went a week ago, sort of as a gift to open our friendship so that he can see there are no hard feelings. He seemed down; then when I confirmed lunch the day before, he said sorry he couldn't cuz of some job thing. Didn't attempt to reschedule, nothing. This was Sunday and now it's Wednesday. He doesn't seem to want to see me. Even as a friend. Which hurts a helluva lot.
    He did the right thing. You don't want to be "friends".

The more you chase him the worse you'll feel. You don't want to "be friends" you know it and he knows it. It's time to delete and block him from all messaging apps and social media. Focus on school and your friends and family. Get on some dating apps.
    ask him to lunch. I was hoping we could reconnect as friends, and I also got him a gift in Mexico He doesn't seem to want to see me. Even as a friend.

Platinum Member
    Updates;
    He was smart to not go through with this, honestly.

You want to be more than friends, and you both know this. He doesn't feel the same way, and it's going to be better that you stay away from him. For good. There is no reason to be friends with him. You can't turn to the guy who hurt you to soothe your pain, OP.

It's time that you accept this is over and he's not coming back, so that you stop doing this to yourself.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice