Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Halloween!!

itsallgrand

What will you be up to?! Do you like Halloween or avoid it?

ย 

I'm excited for it this year. I adored Halloween as a kid. Tonnes of great memories there. As a grown up, it's been fun, but the years of going to adult only parties started to grow old. I particularly enjoy it when there are kids to enjoy it with. This year we are going all out decorating and dressing up for giving out candy. I've got that child like wonder stoked in me again.

ย 

Happy Halloween ๐Ÿ‘ป ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘บ๐Ÿ‘บ

I'm in an apartment so I don't get trick-or-treaters. However, we have a Halloween Party/Potluck at work, and prizes for best costume. This year I needed the costume to be affordable (free essentially!) so two other co-workers and I are doing "Midnight Fire Alarm." Just as it sounds. . . . dress as you would if a fire alarm sent you outside at midnight! I have this super cute pj set - pink gingham with Kellogg's cereals all over, very retro looking, soft & comfy. I'll wear slippers (of course!) my hair in pigtails (why not??) and will carry a teddy bear (nope I don't sleep with it, lol) Each of us has made a sign explaining why we are responsible for the fire - using the hashtag #midnightfirealarm LOL I'm excited! We will do a parade around the office building - and the potluck is always fun too. I love Halloween! :p

I can't seem to get it right, so I don't try and I'll go to someone elses house :)

ย 

Years I bought candy, my doorbell didn't ring and I was stuck with the candy. Next year I don't buy candy and I have to hide in my dark bedroom watching tv, while my doorbell goes off all night.

ย 

I love Halloween. Every year has been different. 2 years in a row went to a costume party. I am thinking I don't necessarily need to do that anymore. But, I won't say never.

ย 

Every year about a dozen of my girlfriends would get together, bring a bottle of wine, an appetizer and carve pumpkins. No one (including me) organized it this year.

ย 

Anyway. . I still love this time of year.

Ill be at my bf's house. He lives on a lively corner and it's guaranteed excitement

Oh I love it! Watching scary movies is a great way to celebrate it.

ย 

Mines and mustlovedogs, I looove the costume ideas!! I think that's always been my favorite part. You get to be creative and toss your regular persona for a night. That's going to be one super cute lobster!

ย 

Reinvent, for a long time I didn't have an opportunity to give out candy anywhere the kids would come. That's why I'm so excited to do it this year. I'm sure you'll have a blast with the bf.

Omg the doggie costumes are so cute! I love the ideas! My grandoggie has a "boo" scarf - he feels so handsome when he wears scarves, tries to charm all the lady dogs...lol!

ย 

I'm going to make chili tomorrow night and watch scary movies.....that is also a tradition! Happy Halloween everyone!

Archived