Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Online guy won't call me

If women message me on Instagram I normally ask for s live selfie.
    If the make an excuse and don't send one then i know they're fake.
    They normally ask for a I tunes card for some reason.

Online guy won't call me
    It's an online guy--or some kid having fun with you. Why would you bother investing your time in anyone who won't phone or meet?

Living in your head is expensive.

I'd wait until you're one year in to your divorce before you decide to give dating a shot, and when you do, make some rules for yourself. After my first marriage failed, on OLD, I set rules to date men who lived no more than 50 miles from me, and if after communicating with them for 2 weeks, they still hadn't asked me out, I no longer communicated with them because I wasn't looking for pen pals. We met in public in the beginning because I didn't want them to know my address. You can't be too careful. I dated one guy who was great on the first date, and on the second one, I saw his crazy come out.

Watch some Dr. Phil shows on all the scams that people have fallen for from supposed Americans who are abroad for whatever reason and have come up with all kinds of crazy stories why they need money. The initial communication begins with Facebook friend requests. Facebook recently notified me that they accidentally made one of my posts public. As soon as that happened. I had 3 men from other cities or states, about my age and attractive, with relationship statuses listed as divorced or widowed. I knew immediately they were likely foreigners who had stolen photos of American men off of social media and fishing for a lonely woman. I'm married and neither lonely nor naive and reported these friend requests to Facebook. They sent me a message that I should change my password and I no longer received any more suspect friend requests.

I wish you well in healing from your divorce. Pamper yourself and spend time finding some new fun hobbies and hang out with girlfriends. I know I made some mistakes when starting chapter two of my life, so just dust yourself off and vow to keep your eyes open a little more for your own protection.

Platinum Member
    Facebook messenger, Skype, Instagram, Google Duo, all have the ability to video chat. You have snapchat that can send quick videos to another person. There is no reason why one can not do this instead of calling. (for future reference)
    If a guy that gets mad because you wont send him money is not mad because he cares about you, he is mad because you didn't send him money.
    And as a general rule for anyone that meets people online. If they are not willing and able to make video calling happen, then its a catfish or they are not available. Pro-tip! If they disappear on the weekends or they talk to you at the same time window (either all mornings or all evenings) then they are hiding something.
    With all the available software out there, there should be no reason that two people cant talk even being half way around the world.

Bronze Member
    this is 100 percent a Nigerian scammer. Delete and find someone new

Gold Member
    There's a reason these guys are always "deployed" or work in "professions" that take them overseas...it's because of the time difference...they are in Nigeria, and they absolutely cannot be in a position they can be available to meet or even talk on the phone.

There is a reason they won't talk on the phone or facetime. It's because you're probably conversing with more than one person "on shift" and when you talk to them, there will be a very clear accent that will not be able to be explained away, and the picture on the profile is something they pilfered from the internet.

Lies are incredibly difficult to keep track of, especially when you have more than one person "working the script." This is why these guys never get really personal. They shower you with talks of love and marriage, but you have yet to figure out anything personal about them, their past, their memories. You can ask them about their home town "back home," and given they live in another country, they have no idea what you're talking about, let alone the culture or lingo. They write paragraphs about love and you are "the one," but you have no idea if they ever had a dog or a goldfish growing up or a crazy aunt or stupid stuff they did in high school. A lot of them claim to have been sent to boarding school, so normal interactions that most of us experienced growing up are automatically out the window.

This guy has solicited money out of you on multiple occasions. Warning signs abound. Block and delete. It's a scam.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice