Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Online guy won't call me

  1. #11
    Platinum Member mustlovedogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,987
    Originally Posted by Casey1969
    I was just divorced recently, that's why I am a little stupid here lol and it's not that easy to get back into the dating field and online to me seemed safer for right now. I also guess I wanted to believe very badly that this guy was who he says he was. I'm just glad that I didn't give him a penny.
    Donít let that be an excuse. You have enough life experience to know itís weird. Be realistic.

  2. #12
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,824
    Originally Posted by Casey1969
    I was just divorced recently, that's why I am a little stupid here lol and it's not that easy to get back into the dating field and online to me seemed safer for right now. I also guess I wanted to believe very badly that this guy was who he says he was. I'm just glad that I didn't give him a penny.
    I am glad you didn't give him money. But, he is on another continent. This is a waste of time. Also, the fact that all of your communication was electronic.

    You need to be a lot smarter. If a friend told you this story, what would you think?
    Last edited by Hollyj; 10-30-2018 at 11:53 AM.

  3. #13
    Platinum Member maew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,824
    It's not unusual for women and men in a vulnerable state to be taken in by someone saying sweet words... one of my dear friends who was widowed from the love of her life last year has been taken in a few times now by random guys on social media because they say sweet things to make her laugh and to feel good, only to have it turn weird and uncomfortable. She doesn't have the experience or skepticism when it comes to interacting with people online that many of us had to develop out of necessity.

    Catfishing on social media is a common occurrence... and it's easy for the catfisher to pull off which is why it continues to happen... which is why it is a good idea to be skeptical of any interaction on social media with someone you don't know, just like you would if you met a stranger on the street.

  4. #14
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    51,694
    Originally Posted by Casey1969
    Yep, I know he is, I just don't know why I don't want to believe it. I guess he is good at what he does and I am normally smarter than this.
    You don't want to believe it because you are feeling needy and vulnerable -that is why you are choosing not to believe it. So here's what I would do. Tell yourself all the fantasies you want about him being genuinely interested in you for appropriate reasons and enjoy the crush. But react to those feelings by treating them as a fantasy- tell yourself you will deal with "convincing" yourself later and make sure you actions are all about your personal safety and the safety of your loved ones. He is a dangerous person.

    You're not stupid, you're just choosing to go with fantasy feelings over what you know -based on your intelligence - is an unsafe situation.

  5.  

  6. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    5
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    You don't want to believe it because you are feeling needy and vulnerable -that is why you are choosing not to believe it. So here's what I would do. Tell yourself all the fantasies you want about him being genuinely interested in you for appropriate reasons and enjoy the crush. But react to those feelings by treating them as a fantasy- tell yourself you will deal with "convincing" yourself later and make sure you actions are all about your personal safety and the safety of your loved ones. He is a dangerous person.

    You're not stupid, you're just choosing to go with fantasy feelings over what you know -based on your intelligence - is an unsafe situation.
    Thank you. I am done with online people lol. If I decide to date in the near future, it will be someone that I actually meet in person, you know, the old fashioned way lol.

  7. #16
    Platinum Member mustlovedogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,987
    Originally Posted by Casey1969
    Thank you. I am done with online people lol. If I decide to date in the near future, it will be someone that I actually meet in person, you know, the old fashioned way lol.
    Thatís naive too. Online dating is a good tool - just be logical about it. Keep it to close people.

  8. #17
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,824
    Stick with local people.

  9. #18
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    51,694
    Yes. Meet in person and itís fine to make a first contact through an online site. Then date in person after meeting in person.

  10. #19
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    121
    Gender
    Female
    In the army in Libya??
    You arent facebook friends? you have so many red flags... what are you doing?

  11. #20
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,816
    Change your entire Facebook to be private.

    Don't allow your name to even be searchable.

    If you want to reach out to someone to be friends with them, then you reach out. Otherwise, make yourself "Un-findable" to everyone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Videos


Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men

Why Young People Don't Rush To Marry? They Fear Divorce

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •