Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Was I Dating A Socipath? Should I Expect Him To Return? PLEASE HELP.

She has been saying all you guys have been, and Iím am so appreciative for the feedback, harsh or not! He has just been my constant, positive or not for a year and I guess thatís what scares me. I need to learn self love and respect for sure. I just always wonder if he will try to come back or get in contact ever again with the way he harshly left things

This is a very toxic relationship on both your part and his.
    You should not be waiting to hear from him and wanting to know what to expect. You need to remove him from your phone and social media and determine that regardless if he contacts you or not, you are done and not going to reply to him.

As much crappy things as he's said and done to you, this is more your issue than his. You're allowing this to happen. No boundaries or expectations or consequences have been set. When you don't set boundaries people will continue to treat you the way you allow them to.

Originally Posted by keelyflood
    She has been saying all you guys have been, and Iím am so appreciative for the feedback, harsh or not! He has just been my constant, positive or not for a year and I guess thatís what scares me. I need to learn self love and respect for sure. I just always wonder if he will try to come back or get in contact ever again with the way he harshly left things
    Please get that thought out of your head and do the mental work you need to do to get to the point where you are glad he's gone. You have been in an abusive relationship that has left you a shell of yourself.

You.do.not.care.if.he.gets.in.contact. (said with periods so you read it slow). You need to go cold turkey withdrawl with the mindset that hes.not.coming.back.thank.god.

Then you have to read all you can on nurturing your inner child, forming personal boundaries and how to love yourself along with therapy to help you go through your withdrawl of no longer having him in your life.

Don;t be scared, it just looks like this but it isn't. Yes he may come back or not I do not know this, but if he comes back for sure he will just come to go again into this cycle, occupying more time from your life which is precious and letting you again devastated. You dont want this right.

You all are so helpful and Iím sorry this is such a strange case, Iím very appreciative

You all are so helpful and Iím sorry this is such a strange case, Iím very appreciative
    Keely: Sadly, it's more common then you think. Men like him will use and abuse any woman that will keep coming back for more of their particular brand of crazy.
    You can get over this, but you have to start changing your inner dialogue and stop wondering anything about him contacting or coming back to being glad he's gone and now you can heal and become a confident, self loving chica that will kick anyone to the curb that doesn't treat you like you're the prize.

God these replies make me realize how abused and used I was and Iím so grossed out. My therapist told me he was abusive and Iím still here wondering if Iím on his mind . Thank you all

Be strong... block and delete him from all means of getting in contact with you. You are very vulnerable right now and you need to keep him away from you so he can not hoover you back for more of the same manipulation and abuse.
    You're free now. Keep it that way.

Do you think time and abstaining from contact (along with therapy) really will help me get over this?

Platinum Member
    keely, actually you should be hoping he doesn't contact you again.

He has nothing of value to offer you, and most likely knows how hurtful and toxic this is as well, and as such NOT contacting you would show more care and respect than if he did.

Why hasn't your therapist explained this? What are you paying her for, geez!

Get a new one, PLEASE.

Can you block him? I actually changed my phone number to break my addiction to my ex.

And again please google love addiction, there are articles, books, videos that can provide you with the proper and necessary information and emotional tools to kick these types of toxic and unhealthy relationships.

There are on line support groups as well.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice