How can I fix things?

JimLad55

First time ever posting to an online forum so idrk what to expect. But recently I've had some problems with my gf. We met by chance on a night out and we kissed and I got her sc. We talked a good bit and we got on rly gr8 and i found out we had both had some pretty bad problems with mental health. We met again at the same place next time there was something on at that place and we got pretty physical. We kept on talking after that and we cud rly relate coz of all the similar struggles we've had. So a few days ago I asked her to be my girlfriend. I wasn't sure what she'd say but she was rly enthusiastic about it and said we'd be mad not to. So for the past three days things seemed to be going great, we were talking loads about what we were doing and I saw her briefly and just got to wave at her when our schools were at the same conference. It was going great but yesterday she told me she didn't think she cud do it because her anxiety was rly bad. Now ive had severe anxiety before so I understand how hard it can be but she said she was finding it rly hard and she didn't think she cud deal with it. She said she was seeing CAMHS in a few days and she wud ask them how to deal with it and we wud talk in a week and see how we were and that she wud stay loyal to me in the mean time. We called and I told her I wud do whatever I cud to help her through her anxiety and whatever she needed I wud do for her and support her. She was rly moved by it and she was genuinely remorseful about how it ended up. As it is at the minute we're keeping our sc streak but we're not talking until a week has passed. Idk how to make her know that no matter what happens or how bad her anxiety is ill help her and do whatever it takes to make her feel better. So what do I do know. I can't lose her but I've never had to deal with S1 with this bad anxiety before?

How old is she? It sounds like she is not ready willing or able to date in general or to date you in particular. Give her space. What is this? :"I've never had to deal with S1"

yesterday she told me she didn't think she cud do it because her anxiety was rly bad. she said she was finding it rly hard and she didn't think she cud deal with it. She said she was seeing CAMHS

We're both 15/16. Camhs is a mental health service for our age group. I would have thought she wasn't willing either but when we met up in person on those two nights out she was pretty into it. I'll definitely give her space tho. S1 means "someone". Hope that clears everything up for u

Well, it's really not a good idea for two people with mental health problems to get together. It's difficult enough dealing with people who are supposedly mentally stable, so neither of you might be ready for a love affair and you were moving way too fast. Also being in love can stir up a lot more feelings and emotions that can be confusing and overwhelm someone with depression and anxiety. You would think being in love would fix things, but as you're seeing with your girlfriend, it can send them spiraling down.

So just give her space, as Wiseman says, and let her be. Let her deal with her problems and maybe you can at least be friends. She might be ready to have a boyfriend after she has some time to process her emotions. But back off for now.

Archived