what should I do

nman414

Im a 17 year old guy and this set of twins recently started working with me at my job. over the past two months or so, I have really gotten to know one of them, and I have a class with her twin. She told me how she feels about me and I feel the same way about her but there are a few issues. first, she's a junior and I'm a senior, I know this shouldn't matter but for some reason it just does to me. next, she occasionally smokes and vapes and enjoys parties and drinking on the weekend, while Im a more quiet night in type of guy and I would never dare smoke or vape. a couple of weeks ago we went out for ice cream and last weekend I took her to mini golf and lunch and we had a really good time. we also FaceTime everyday for an hour or two. whenever we're alone, she seems really chill and I really like her, but based off of some of the stories and past BFs that she's had, I get some weird feelings about her. To throw another wrench in the equation, I was told that this girl, one that is considered to be A sexual because its seems like she doesn't like anyone, actually likes me. we had a class last year and we talked a little bit but thats about it. She's super smart, pretty cool, and she's a committed D1 athlete, so pretty much a better version of myself... we even have the same name. so my question is, should I drop all that I have with the 1st girl and have to deal with her at work and her sister at school, just to risk it for someone that I don't even know and that I'm not entirely attracted to or do I continue on with the first girl who I think is super pretty and cool but does things that my parents and I don't approve of... any help is appreciated. thanks

Well, the first girl may be too "fast" for you since she likes parties and vaping and so forth. With the way things are in high school, she may have other male friends and girls usually switch boyfriends fairly frequently. I would say have fun doing things with her, but no, don't go all in on her. With the athletic girl, why not ask her if she would like to get a coffee or a coke with you, just so you can talk to her and see where she's at. Don't believe the a-sexual stuff, as you said, she just might not have found anyone she likes. And then just see how it goes. I think things may burn out fairly quickly with the party girl, but you don't have to break up with her just to talk to the athletic girl.

Dating is exactly for this. To figure out what's your taste and what isn't. It's not uncommon to be attracted to someone "all wrong" and not be attracted to someone who is "all right" on paper.

should I drop all that I have with the 1st girl and have to deal with her at work and her sister at school, just to risk it for someone that I don't even know and that I'm not entirely attracted to or do I continue on with the first girl who I think is super pretty and cool but does things that my parents and I don't approve of

You can't stay with someone you don't want to be with just because it will be awkward to now see her and her sister at work and school. In the future, don't date a co-worker if you can't handle the awkwardness when a breakup happens. Just tell her you've enjoyed your time together, but you see some incompatibilities and so you think it's best to stop the Facetiming and the dates.

You're not entirely attracted to the other girl, so even though she likes you and matches you in important ways, the lack of chemistry makes her a friend, not gf material. This is the time in life when you will be meeting a lot of girls your age. Don't settle. Be single and enjoy your freedom until you meet a girl who you have chemistry with AND meets all of your needs. Maybe that time will be in college if you're attending, a place where many meet their future spouses.

You seem to really like girl you work with. You should try dating her and see how it goes. You don't need to change who you are for somebody. If she likes you. She will do things you like to do too.

When you turn 21- She will be 19-20. It's not so bad if you really think about it.

Good luck to you.

Archived