My girlfriend never asks me to hang out

kim9494

I'm a lesbian, and my girlfriend and I have been dating for about one and a half months. At first, she asked me to go here and there, but ever since we've been seeing each other seriously, she has never asked me to go out. It's always me who asks. Also, since we both are quite busy, there's only one day per week we can hang out during the day. However, she's been using those days meeting her friends and relatives, and this week she went to her cousin's birthday party when she agreed on hanging out with me on that day. I was really excited that we were finally having a date while the sun is still out...but then I got frustrated after receiving her text saying she has to to the party and ended up binge drinking with my friend that night. My gf came over at like 11PM, but whatever it was same as usual by then. I understand that family is important, but I feel like I'm on like 5th of her priority list (Family, relatives, friends, work, and then me). It's always 12am when we meet, we hang out until 4-5am, and then go to sleep. Honestly, I'm not really a night owl, I have things to do in the morning, so this has been affecting my life. I don't know why it's always me who asks to meet although she usually says yes to that. I also don't understand why she's keep using that one day per week with her relatives and friends while putting me aside. I'm afraid to talk about this because it feels like I might look childish, clingy, or something. I'm also worried that she might tell me that she's not really into me. Any advice on this please?

I see...It's just so weird because she was the one who showed a lot of interest in me at first. Now it's only been one and a half months and she has already lost interest.

Any advice on how to approach this issue? I probably should talk about this tonight if possible so that I don't waste any more time and energy :(

Yes, I'm sorry to have to echo the above posters, but this girl has lost interest in you.

I would simply tell her that this isn't working for you and you need to move on. If she has any shred of insight, she'll get why you're doing this. It's also possible that she wants you to pull the plug so she's employing all these distancing behaviours so you have no choice but to end it yourself. She might lack the courage to do it, but it would happen eventually anyway.

... ever since we've been seeing each other seriously, she has never asked me to go out. It's always me who asks. ... Any advice on this please?

Stop asking her out. Allow her to step up and make plans. Don't be available until she does that. Then see if she follows through.

By always stepping in to make plans before she does, you're depriving yourself of valuable information. Her rhythm and priorities may be different from yours, so allow yourself to learn what hers are. From there you can decide whether hers will become enough for you.

Head high, and read my sig.

Archived