I dont know what to do

Clover40

I was looking through my husbands photos on his phone (with his permission) and I found a picture of our 17 year old neighbor sunbathing next to her pool. The picture was clearly taken from our window looking into her backyard. I instantly confronted him and he said he didnt remember taking that. I then looked in his photo trash and found multiple more pictures of the same girl on different occasions. All were photos of her in her bikini by the pool except one is of her backside while she is on her trampoline. Now he magically remembers taking them but says he doesn't know why he did it. He is 46, same age as her parents. We regularly talk to her parents as our backyards butt up to each other. I am completely disgusted and heartbroken. This man was my best friend and I never saw this coming. I am so shocked. I dont know if I should tell her parents, I have a daughter and I feel like I would want to know. I am planning on leaving him but he is begging me not to go. I just dont know how to handle this.

You're disgusted and heartbroken because your husband took pictures of a 17-year-old girl in a bikini? Do you allow him to watch TV? There are actually naked girls parading around on TV. And what about stupid teenage comedies? There are lots of teenage girls in bikinis there too. And apparently, if your husband looks out the window, there's a 17-year-old girl out there as well. If that was me, I'd actually call my wife over to look at her too.

And now you're going to leave him because he looked at the neighbor girl? I hate to say it, but I think you've got problems. And your poor husband has problems - you. I don't think you know how silly you're being.

I think you should apologize to your husband for making a mountain out of a molehill and just forget it. He hasn't done anything to hurt you and you should just get over it and stop being prudish.

You could take the photos to the police and have him register as a sex offender particularly since his victim is a minor. Check your local laws. Sure he's beating off to the pics, but it is a serious invasion of her privacy and he most certainly does not have her consent. If you take the photos to her parents perhaps they can have him arrested and prosecuted.

"In the United States, video voyeurism is an offence in nine states and may require the convicted person to register as a sex offender. Criminal voyeurism statutes are related to invasion of privacy laws but are specific to unlawful surreptitious surveillance without consent and unlawful recordings involving places and times when a person has a reasonable expectation of privacy and a reasonable supposition they are not being photographed or filmed by "any mechanical, digital or electronic viewing device, camera or any other instrument capable of recording, storing or transmitting visual images that can be utilized to observe a person."

Yes divorce him. What you happened upon is the tip of the iceberg. Tell her parents if you are prepared for his arrest and prosecution, because they can and will contact the police....as they should.

Perverts like your husband are vastly different than some old fart randomly looking at a young body at the beach. Your pervert broke the law by creating images of a minor for a sexual purposes without her consent, obviously and of course where she had the expectation of privacy in her own yard..

picture of our 17 year old neighbor sunbathing next to her pool. and found multiple more pictures of the same girl on different occasions. All were photos of her in her bikini by the pool except one is of her backside while she is on her trampoline.
You're disgusted and heartbroken because your husband took pictures of a 17-year-old girl in a bikini? Do you allow him to watch TV? There are actually naked girls parading around on TV. And what about stupid teenage comedies? There are lots of teenage girls in bikinis there too. And apparently, if your husband looks out the window, there's a 17-year-old girl out there as well. If that was me, I'd actually call my wife over to look at her too.

And now you're going to leave him because he looked at the neighbor girl? I hate to say it, but I think you've got problems. And your poor husband has problems - you. I don't think you know how silly you're being.

I think you should apologize to your husband for making a mountain out of a molehill and just forget it. He hasn't done anything to hurt you and you should just get over it and stop being prudish.

I disagree with you 100%. He is being predatory and creepy. Taking photos without her consent is creepy but more importantly criminal at her age.

She should make a big deal out of this.

• 4 weeks later...

Taking pictures of an underage girl without her consent is disgusting. You always seem to condone cheating in your posts and tend to often blame the person being cheated on, now you're overlooking this and blaming the wife...? Your morals are wacked.

Archived