Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Taking negative customer feedback

My coworker and boss are male. They both told me they think customer #2 doesnít believe me because I am a woman. Our internal quantum mechanics team will talk to the customer this week. My coworker thinks he will listen to them because they are male, but they will say the same thing I said. Itís frustrating.

I was was glad to meet up with some coworkers last week. They told me their stories of customer complaints and that kind of helped me see that it happens to everyone eventually. One person got a complaint for fixing the problem too quickly? And another got a complaint for too slowly (she told me she was trying to go above and beyond and too the extra time to make the fix perfect.) that woman told me the customer didnít explicitly say they didnít like her, but asked the company to send (male coworker) next time.

If a customer doesnít like you because youíre female, nothing you say will help, so donít take it personally.

And always be sure to clarify when working with questions. Clarify timelines, expectations, deliverables, etc. Both examples above demonstrate your coworkers didnít do a good job of that.

My manager and the sales manager are involved now. They are talking to customer #2 to try to resolve his complaints. My manager assured me he has my back.

Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    If a customer doesnít like you because youíre female, nothing you say will help, so donít take it personally.

And always be sure to clarify when working with questions. Clarify timelines, expectations, deliverables, etc. Both examples above demonstrate your coworkers didnít do a good job of that.
    With one of the cases, the engineer told me he got the notification there was a problem with the instrument when he happened to be in the neighborhood. He asked the customer if he could come over in an hour to fix it and the customer said yes and he fixed it and was nice to his face, but then wrote the complaint about the timing. Will this customer ever get same day service again? Probably not.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by annie24
    With one of the cases, the engineer told me he got the notification there was a problem with the instrument when he happened to be in the neighborhood. He asked the customer if he could come over in an hour to fix it and the customer said yes and he fixed it and was nice to his face, but then wrote the complaint about the timing. Will this customer ever get same day service again? Probably not.
    I

It depends how badly your company wants the business and the references.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    I

It depends how badly your company wants the business and the references.
    well, this guy sounds like he prefers 2 day notice, so it sounds like that is what he will get from now on.

I got my nails done today and was reminded about the completely crazy customer complaints they get. Someone goes on Yelp and posts a bad review, then a person isn't allowed to perform that particular service anymore. :/ My manicurist told me about the time that there were a few people in the salon and someone asked her if she had kids, and she said no, she had a son who died a few hours after birth. Someone who was in the room complained to management that she shared this story. I mean, rather than feel sorry for the woman who lost her only child, you go and complain to management? That's messed up.

A positive update: my boss has been happy with my work lately and thinks I've been going "above and beyond" and gave me a bonus. :) I was really happy, it was so nice of him.

I've kept my phone mainly out of sight of customers. If we have a break and I need to take a call, I'll tell them, 'I'm sorry, I need to call my boss at 3 PM to give him an update on xyz" and they understand. If I need to use the computer for an extended time during one of our breaks, I tell them where I'm going (in the cafeteria, for example) and tell them to call me if they need me to come back or they have a question.

2 weeks ago, I had my phone so away, that I didn't realize my coworker was locked out!! I knew he was going to be late that day, so the customer and I started on some work, meanwhile, my phone was away and he was texting and calling me to open the door for him, and I didn't see it, lol. He was not too pleased with me. He stood outside for 30 minutes until we noticed he was outside. He called the customer as well, but the customer didn't recognize the phone number so he didn't pick up. lol.

CongrAts on your bonus, Annie. Sounds as though it's well deserved.

Platinum Member
    Glad to hear it!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice