Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I dont know what to do about my marriage..

Bronze Member
    why do you always have to go to new york again you put your friends and your mom and your personal goals over me
    This is very controlling behavior: to accuse you of doing something that you aren't, while at the same time she's doing what she's accusing you of. The fact that she's hit you makes it even more disturbing. The longer you stay, the worse it usually gets. I hope you safely get out before your entire life gets destroyed by her

You are in an abusive relationship. Let her go to training on her own and you go live with your mom in that spare bedroom. You leave with her and she'll be sure you have no friends or support system. Did you tell your mother she hit you?

I've told my mom some of the things Courtney has done to me and my mom doesnt approve and has begged me to leave this relationship because shes been in abusive relationships all her life, but i dont think she remembers since this was about 2 years ago and my mom has horrible memory but she does think Courtney has an anger issue.

I've asked Courtney's family about her temper and they have told me she was alot more angry untol she met me and I've apperently calmed her down alot...sure she has.
    They know livi has an anger problem and gets annoyed really easily but they dont know she's hit me and the full extend to her anger problem.
    I've been with Courtney for almost 4 years. Shes not a bad person she just gets really angry and explodes at very small things. I know hitting me and calling me names and etc is not okay espcially when i try my hardest to help her. I wish there was some way for her to go to therapy. Do people in these kind of relationships ever improve?
    I feel like even the tinest thing will set her off. I carefully repost memes om Facebook cause i dont want her calling me names and getting offended by wholesome memes on my fb wall.

Sadly it sounds like abuse is normal for you and walking on eggs is something you are used to. You also think it's about anger, and can be "fixed". No, it's about power, dominance and using you as a punching bag for fun.

"Anger" can be turned on and off. Your wife would never act out like that to a superior in the military or someone she respects.Ever. So her being horrible to you is for two reasons. She likes it and you allow it.
    Originally Posted by lolmarielol
    I've told my mom some of the things Courtney has done to me and my mom doesnt approve and has begged me to leave this relationship because shes been in abusive relationships all her life

Originally Posted by lolmarielol
    I've told my mom some of the things Courtney has done to me and my mom doesnt approve and has begged me to leave this relationship because shes been in abusive relationships all her life, but i dont think she remembers since this was about 2 years ago and my mom has horrible memory but she does think Courtney has an anger issue.
    Courtney is a scum bag. You only stay with her because its all you know after watching your mother hook up with abusers of her own. Don't you believe you deserve someone who respects you and shows you that they value you? Shows you kindness and understanding and support in your decision or at the very least, can discuss things she doesn't agree with you in a mature and respectful manner until there is a compromise or resolution to disagreements? The woman you are with is incapable of showing you respect and love. Love doesn't look like what she gives you, Marie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice