Unsure what to do.

RaynaAvery

Hiya,

My name is Rayna. Im 20 years old and ive never been on a single date. I have functioning autism. Im so high functioning that sometimes im refused services by the state. My disability is very visible and doesn't limit me very much. I grew up in a abusive household with my father being physically and verbally abusive and my mother being away from the home 90 percent of the time. I am no longer in that situation and now live away from them. The pain and anguish i have endured still linger but no longer take hold of my emotions. I have become confident and strong with each passing day. unfortunately due to the abuse and trauma i endured I turned to food as a coping skill and gained a ton of weight. I assume this is why most men shy away from me. I dont understand this. Im not a terrible person. I feel like im funny. My friends describe me as easy going and pleasant to be around but even so i cant seem to find a single man willing to sit down and just have a conversation. I dress well. I eat healthy. I make sure to smile and be polite but i have found that dating is just impossible for a woman my size. Im working on loosing the weight and im proud to say that ive lost quite a bit but even so i have no idea what im doing wrong. Im just at a loss. so ive turned to the internet to help me understand what im doing wrong

Have you seen a doctor or nutritionist about your weight and how to increase the amount you have lost? I dont mean to be rude but there's guys out there who just dont like large women. I am bigger than many, but not huge, so I do understand what being overweight does to one's self esteem. Do you have a social worker or someone who can help you get yourself on track better?

Have you seen a doctor or nutritionist about your weight and how to increase the amount you have lost? I dont mean to be rude but there's guys out there who just dont like large women. I am bigger than many, but not huge, so I do understand what being overweight does to one's self esteem. Do you have a social worker or someone who can help you get yourself on track better?

Yes, it is commonly known (fact?) that men are visual creatures and for the most part very overweight/obese women will not attract their attention. Keep working on your weight loss, for YOU, and for better health in general. As you lose more weight your confidence grows as does your self-esteem which is immediately attractive to most people.

I used to weigh over 400 pounds and that was when i hit hit rock bottom and knew changes had to be made. Im down to 220 and im seeing a nutritionist and a therapist on a regular basis. My goal weight is 160 because im quite tall and also big boned. I have lots of support from friends and family. I guess i sort of have a naive view of the world. i want to believe men aren't interested in just looks

@RayRay63 My goal weight is 160. I am quite tall. I stand at around five foot Eight inches and I am naturally big boned. my doctor says it will be unhealthy to be 120. I do exercise on a daily basis. I spend an hour at the gym every morning on weekdays and then i head to work. after work i spend another hour to two hours doing intense cardio. on weekdays i swim laps and go the the gym for a total of two to three hours a day(i belong to a club which meets up at the gym on weekends and we all work out). I love walking at kensington park which is a nature park near me with long walking trails so sometimes ill go there

Archived