I've known my friend since the early 70's. He lost his wife in a bad motorcycle wreak. since then he has had zero luck with women. He is a good guy. Has a good job with the city. He plays in a band. Has his act together. But when it comes to women man he has the worst luck. Him and I joke that we both will die alone. His cats will eat his face off and my dogs will eat mine. LOL But really what's up with women these days? I didn't know you had to look like a male model to find a decent. woman. Hell the women who stole my heart broke it 3 years ago. And I've never been the same. come to find out she was a real good liar about her past. With this me too crap guys are afraid to get close to a woman. Las thing I would want is to be accused of rape.

If the guy can't hold on to a woman, perhaps he needs to look at himself and what he's doing that has women walking in the opposite direction. You're seeing a well-rounded, great guy...okay, that's fine, but how is his behavior in a relationship? Is he still attached to his dearly departed wife and expects women to be an exact replica? Is he holding women up to the standard he developed after years of marriage, and when they have other personalities and ways of doing things, he gets upset? I doubt every women he meets is a jerk. I think it has more to do with him. Widowers are difficult because they hang on to the fantasy and the what-ifs and all the good parts, and not the bad parts and ills that could lead to divorce, were the spouse not yanked from the planet so soon and so unexpectedly. They hold a flame, and the new woman is expected to fill that void like a ready-mix...completely unreasonable and every woman wants to be the one and only, not the fill-in or second best. I think your friend needs to consider if his own actions are causing a problem instead of blaming women.

Boy you read too much into what I said. He isn't blaming a woman for anything. I said he has the worse luck.

TBH, with the statements below, it appears that you are blaming women.

But really what's up with women these days? I didn't know you had to look like a male model to find a decent. woman.

Well, I'll chime in with a different perspective. Women in their 50s are just burnt. They're cynical, they're tough. They've been divorced, some more than once. They are suspicious of men and blame men for a lot of their problems.

Your friend has to find a widow/widower group to join. You want to find women who were happy and well-adjusted until their partner died. They don't have all these barriers up and massive trust issues. You might want to ask around at work if someone knows of any widows, or even random strangers if they know of a nice widow.

These widows are hiding in their houses and they are not out on the meat market. And as soon as a guy finds one, they're swooped off the market because they tend to be kind and caring. Your friend has to try to focus his attention to this demographic.

DanZee! Have mercy! Wth did you put in your pipe and smoke tonight? Lol

That's bad advice right there. Do not ever approach a random stranger. How would that go? "Hey, excuse me, do you know of a widow for my friend? He's a great guy, and women don't seem to want him"

I'd probably think you were insane.

Well, I'll chime in with a different perspective. Women in their 50s are just burnt. They're cynical, they're tough. They've been divorced, some more than once. They are suspicious of men and blame men for a lot of their problems.

Your friend has to find a widow/widower group to join. You want to find women who were happy and well-adjusted until their partner died. They don't have all these barriers up and massive trust issues. You might want to ask around at work if someone knows of any widows, or even random strangers if they know of a nice widow.

These widows are hiding in their houses and they are not out on the meat market. And as soon as a guy finds one, they're swooped off the market because they tend to be kind and caring. Your friend has to try to focus his attention to this demographic.

Thanks for the big lol.

You make a lot of blanket assumptions. Where is the research to back up all these assumptions you make about women?

Nailed it! This past week I held the door of a store open for a lady. She looked at me like I just commited murder and walked right in. Didn't even say thank you. Must be one of those #metoo

B ****

That is very sad about his wife. I’m sorry to hear that. I hope he’s doing ok.

Male models— really? I don’t know anyone who likes make models. I love scruffy big bear motorcycle guys. There are plenty of women out there who love different looking guys. It’s all about personality. There are plenty of nice ladies out there. We are everywhere! Does he live in the north east? Lol.

Archived