Fancy my friend

lemmy89

Hi all,

This girl I used to work with for around 8 months(I was sort of her boss) with in London went back to home to Sweden about 2.5 months ago. We always got along really well in London and we went on a few trips around UK. We could always joke with each other and could we could have a conversation for hours without a break.

I went and visited her and stayed at her family home for a week about 2 weeks ago and we had a great time and do alot of touristy things and did some trips with her mum aswell. It was during that time that I began to really like her and develop feelings for her. I tried to be all gentlemanly possibly impressing the mum more than her but i don't think I expressed to her that I had feelings for her as... well... I am English.

I have arranged to go on holiday with her again in 1 months to Mallorca for one week and am hoping to see if i still feel strongly about her.

My issue is whether I should be direct and tell her how I feel during the holiday. I do not know why but I have a feeling she does not feel the same way about me and sees me more as a friend as she is still using dating apps like tinder and she is quite open with me about previous relationships.

I am the kind of person who is best to just get things off my chest rather than let them bottle up inside me and drive me crazy even if there is a chance it could ruin our current relationship.

I look forward about any advice

Thanks!

I don't think that the whole confession approach is a good idea, especially while on a trip together. I mean if she reciprocates, great, but if she doesn't, it will become very very awkward and you are both kind of stuck on a trip. Just really bad timing.

Rather than confessing, why not simply ask her directly next time you talk what does she think about you and her dating. It's less pressure and easier to get an honest answer. Easier for her to be honest with you too in terms of what she really thinks. So if you are correct that she is not into you, at least it won't be awkward between you and you can work on getting over your crush and moving on. It will keep the friendship intact too if you want it.

Well, I wouldn't say anything until the next trip together, and then I would wait until the end of the trip and say something like, hey, we really have fun together. What would you say about dating me? That way, she won't feel pressured into an answer during your stay and you won't have an awkward rest of your trip.

But I would ask are you proposing a long-distance relationship? I mean, if you're in the UK and she's in Sweden, how are you going to date her? You might want to reconsider saying anything because when are you going to be together? You might want to find a local girl to date.

Ok, I will see how the trip goes and then if I still feel like there is something there between us I will ask how she feels about me. The last thing I want to is for her to feel uncomfortable around me and I definitely feel this is something I need to do face to face.

I guess a relationship would have to start long distance, we did sort of discuss that I could come over for Christmas to see her. Then we planned a long trip to Asia with her best friend for 3 weeks in January. If I felt strong enough about her I would definitely move to Sweden if she wanted that.

Archived