Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My sister has cut me out of her life and itís heartbreaking

Ah I see thank you. My older sister can be very emotional when things donít meet her needs-she starts crying and gets really hysterical and I felt like the only way to meet her needs was to message the other sister out of despair.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by sesameseeds
    Ah I see thank you. My older sister can be very emotional when things donít meet her needs-she starts crying and gets really hysterical and I felt like the only way to meet her needs was to message the other sister out of despair.
    Your elder sister needs to learn to quell her own needs. It is not up to your younger sister or you to meet the needs of your older sister that is her issue . She needs to learn to self soothe herself .

Thanks for your advise wiseman. Are you a therapist by any chance?

The thing is itís difficult because when I see the older sister for example itís very much all we talk about: like I got raped by my ex, sheís very very vocal about all her problems a lot of the time and always ask my opinions on everything and when I get annoyed she gets really angry!! Like I told her just look it up yourself!

Then she tells me what the therapist says and I said its your business. This is the content of her conversation. I feel like she is constantly asking for my advice and guidance and that is the content of our conversation.

This is for you to be the controller, it is not for either sister. Stop being the family "white sheep" and stirring the pot. Butt out. Just tell each sister to contact each other rather than trying to funnel everything through yourself. It's manipulative and divisive.
    Originally Posted by sesameseeds
    A I felt like the only way to meet her needs was to message the other sister.

@wiseman1 Itís not my intention at all and I think you have interpreted this the wrong way. Who on earth enjoys family drama for the sake of it? I have my own issues let alone try to be the savior of other people.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice