Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online guy won't meet me

He's either married/in a relationship or catfishing you. If not, he has too much issues for you to waste any more time in this.

My guess is he's married or living with someone, or he is a she or some crazy weirdo living in his/her mother's basement carrying on conversations on computer with women he/she never plans to meet.

Wake up and smell the coffee! This is not going where you want it to because he is not who he says he is.

Sorry, I liked to give people the benefit of the doubt but this person is not who they say they are.

I just hope you havenít sent them money.

You get to decide how much more of your time you want to waste typing fantasies with a stranger.

Bronze Member
    Your post doesnt say how old you are, but this is not a real relationship.
    You have no idea what he looks like, and he wont talk to you.
    Does he claim to live near you?
    Find someone that wants to be with you in person.
    People have a way with words online......

Platinum Member
    You are blinded by the man who could be. This guy sounds perfect to you because that's exactly what you wanted. He talked to you, learned what you liked then tailored his responses to you because he knew this would dig his hooks into you deeper.
    But sorry to say, you are in love with an idea. Doesn't take a genius to figure out this guy is lying. It doesn't not matter why he is lying, but know the fact he is. I mean.. c'mon..I am a reformed A-hole and I have used all those excuses. Im shy, I am at work or I work a lot, this is a work cell phone, my computer doesn't have a cam, I travel and the internet is weak, I lost my tablet or I had it stolen, using my friends computer, all mean the same thing. Im playing with you. Don't waste another min or don't waste time giving him a chance to prove himself. He is fake.

I know. I've cut him off now, blocked him. Final straw was l asked him what he was hiding, asked him if he was married, got quite heated and told me l was crazy. I replied and asked him what he would say someone he cared about if they were engaging with a guy that won't talk on the phone, won't meet. He vanished 😂 For reasons l dont really want to go into l was in a vulnerable place in my life and he got his claws into me. I'm taking time out from guys for a while to get myself sorted, thanks for the help 😊

Originally Posted by Minimix
    For reasons l dont really want to go into l was in a vulnerable place in my life and he got his claws into me. I'm taking time out from guys for a while to get myself sorted, thanks for the help 😊
    Getting too invested in online personas is the stuff that creates fantasies 'around' someone rather than actually getting to know who they are. I'd skip doing that. Save your best writing for someone who has stepped up to meet you in person and has earned it.

Use the Internet to screen for matching values, dating goals and a reasonable photo that can help you identify the guy in public, and then take it straight there. Schedule a few quick coffee meets with different people each week after work, and if anyone stands you up, you can take your coffee with you and nothing is lost. Check one another out for 15, 20 minutes, and make a rule that neither can try to set up a real date on the spot, but either can contact the other afterward. If the answer is yes, the other responds, and if not, no response is necessary.

It makes no sense to invest in screen names online. If a guy won't allow you to know him in person, then he's not investment material--he's either a recluse or a catfish or anything else that won't turn out well.

Head high, and decide whether you're up for meeting people, or whether you could be the one who is hiding.

10. 11-06-2018, 10:20 PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice