Is this inappropriate

Etech79

So I have been dating this girl for 8 months, and we became more serious back in August 2018. My question is this, she posted a new profile pic on Facebook and another guy used the “love” emoji (the love, like, wow, sad) emojis used through Facebook. So I told her I thought it was disrespectful for that guy to do that since we were dating and he specifically knew we were with each other exclusively. She proceeded to say that it wasn’t disrespectful and that she seen nothing wrong with it and that I was over reacting. So she thinks I’m jealous now and has given me the silent treatment for the last two days. Saying now she is worried about any other guys talking to her or commenting on her Facebook. And I just said I’m good so long as I feel it’s not disrespectful. So what are you thoughts?

I think you are being controlling. You are dating someone who chooses to post photos of herself on Facebook presumably to get comments (otherwise she would restrict comments). If you're ok with that then you have to be ok with other people admiring her physical features. She's inviting it. I am not judging that she is inviting it, just observing that she is inviting all sorts of comments. All she's promised you is not to date other men, right? Has he asked her out on a date? I would not go down this path with her because obviously she wants to be able to get positive reactions to what she looks like on Facebook. If you're ok with that part of her personality then you have to let the rest go.

Have you met in person? How is the in-person relationship? Are you in her fb photos or does she list herself as "in a relationship"? What does your social media look like? Are there pics of you and her together?

It sounds like she needs a ton of male attention. You can't control her social media so don't even try.

Ignore it. Don't take the bait and act jealous, which provides her with even more male attention.

I have been dating this girl for 8 months, and we became more serious back in August 2018. My question is this, she posted a new profile pic on Facebook and another guy used the “love” emoji. So she thinks I’m jealous now and has given me the silent treatment for the last two days.
So she thinks I’m jealous now and has given me the silent treatment for the last two days. Saying now she is worried about any other guys talking to her or commenting on her Facebook. And I just said I’m good so long as I feel it’s not disrespectful. So what are you thoughts?

Well, you are jealous.

My thoughts are that you need to get a handle on your insecurity and controlling behaviour before she dumps you.

She is right and you need to lighten up a lot. Responding to pics with emoji's is pretty common and normal among many people. Among my friends, we posts pics often of our lives, travels, etc. The "comments" are often all kinds of hearts, kissy or love face emoji's. You aren't saying you are in love with the person, only that you like the pic. That aside, she can't control what someone posts and neither can you. So getting upset about that is really immature and silly to begin with.

Are you my ex bf?

We were never FB friends but he perused my profile and what little he did see was a guy friend of mine do the same and make comments on each photo.

What my bf didn't know was I was in good company and this guy did this to everyone. But pointing this out didn't make it better.

Long story, short. .we broke up after repeated incidences like this one. This one was just the start of many to come.

So I have been dating this girl for 8 months, and we became more serious back in August 2018. My question is this, she posted a new profile pic on Facebook and another guy used the “love” emoji (the love, like, wow, sad) emojis used through Facebook. So I told her I thought it was disrespectful for that guy to do that since we were dating and he specifically knew we were with each other exclusively. She proceeded to say that it wasn’t disrespectful and that she seen nothing wrong with it and that I was over reacting. So she thinks I’m jealous now and has given me the silent treatment for the last two days. Saying now she is worried about any other guys talking to her or commenting on her Facebook. And I just said I’m good so long as I feel it’s not disrespectful. So what are you thoughts?

Yes you are overreacting. Policing the likes of her FB posts or other social media posts is controlling behavior and will push her away. Why would you even care if you are confident in yourself, secure and believe in her feelings for you?

If you trust her, then trust that she is fully capable of being loyal and faithful to you without your "help", no matter what some dude posts on her wall.

ahh social media strikes again.

Let it go unless this is an ex of hers popping back up all the time.

Have you two had the boundaries talk yet? You know where you each talk about what you each think is acceptable behavior in the relationship?

You are not controlling but you did overreact given the circumstances. The silent treatment is pretty childish on her part too. I say once you are both out of grade school things will get better :-)

Lost

Archived