Bit at work by a toddler

Seraphim

I won’t need worker’s comp. I am leaving my work place anyway to open my own daycare.

For here we just need to report injuries that require doctor’s care. I reported it to my boss.

I have triple antibiotic cream on it.

You don't need it?? You just asked if you need to check with a doctor (aka what worker's comp covers). I would take it if you can still. It is to cover medical expenses from a work injury, not to just give you money. Seems like they work differently where you are, but regardless do use an antiseptic, not just an antiobiotic ointment.

You don't need it?? You just asked if you need to check with a doctor (aka what worker's comp covers). I would take it if you can still. It is to cover medical expenses from a work injury, not to just give you money.

No, I am asking if a doctor should look at for my own sake not to collect comp. I don’t care about that.

No, I am asking if a doctor should look at for my own sake not to collect comp. I don’t care about that.

That's what worker's comp is for, where I am from. Covers your medical costs. Like I said, if you can't get it covered by your work then use an antiseptic at least. I would only go to a doctor on my own dime if it gets worse, IMO.

I know what it is for I collected it about 30 years ago when I fell off a ladder at work and was out of work for 6 weeks. ( I landed on my wrist and bent it right over backwards) That was a comp issue . A $12 tube of ointment I won’t worry about.

I was saying it can cover your doctor's appointment. Again, if you cannot get that then I wouldn't go, personally.

Same here. I'd go just in case. First thing I thought was maybe they'll give you a tetanus shot. When I stepped on a nail, the doc gave me one even though my shots were up to date.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thankfully ,I got my adult booster last year ( required for where I work) .

Thankfully, too it is not painful right now but it did swell a lot which was concerning.

We have universal healthcare. I don’t pay up front for the doctor.

Why the reservation then? Just go! In the US, we have to pay a good couple hundred for one 15 minute appointment. Minus any repercussions for one visit, I wouldn't chance a staph, tetanus, or any other kind of infection.

The reservation is going to the emergency room. I don’t have a gp where I am. ( I don’t want to clog our overcrowded emergency rooms with something that’s not an emergency )I can’t go tomorrow my home daycare opens tomorrow at 9:30AM.

We have walk in clinics that people can go to in order to avoid the emergency room for something non life threatening when they can't wait for their regular doctor (getting stitches, UTI, etc.) whether its after hours or something that is urgent but not life threatening. Maybe you don't have those. Either way, i would get it looked at to avoid infection and hopefully the parents are alerted to properly approach any emotional issue their child might have

We have walk in clinics that people can go to in order to avoid the emergency room for something non life threatening when they can't wait for their regular doctor (getting stitches, UTI, etc.) whether its after hours or something that is urgent but not life threatening. Maybe you don't have those. Either way, i would get it looked at to avoid infection and hopefully the parents are alerted to properly approach any emotional issue their child might have

Yes, we have walk in clinics but not open right now.

Yes, they know their child bites. He is 18 months and has no language skills. His 3 year old brother was just diagnosed Autistic, I can tell you this child is as well. He will be accessed next. And he has a brand new 2 month old sister. My guess is he is frustrated and can’t verbalized that due to age and development.

Hi fellow Ontarian. I had many a bite as a kid from a neighbour's son. They hurt but never broke the skin. My parents didnt take me to the doctor or hospital. They cleared up on their own.

I understand about walk in clinics etc. so if I was you I'd wash it well, put PolySporin or similar on it, bandage if need be, and assess in the morning. Doesnt look like the your skin is broken, if it was I'd suggest a doctor.

Hi fellow Ontarian. I had many a bite as a kid from a neighbour's son. They hurt but never broke the skin. My parents didnt take me to the doctor or hospital. They cleared up on their own.

I understand about walk in clinics etc. so if I was you I'd wash it well, put PolySporin or similar on it, bandage if need be, and assess in the morning. Doesnt look like the your skin is broken, if it was I'd suggest a doctor.

Yeah, I bought polysporin triple antibiotic and pain relief at Wally. I am hoping that is all need . You’re right he didn’t break skin just blood vessels. And it is swollen a lot. He bit me so hard I actually screeched in surprise. I yanked my arm out of his mouth. I swear if it had remained he would have broke skin. He bites his dad all the time . I told the parents but all his father said was yes well tell him no like we do . I felt like saying no crap buddy I think I figured that out . 🙄 No sorry kiss my butt or anything. And they were 35 minutes late picking up .

Oh I am so sorry! So because of the swelling I would get it checked out tomorrow if it's not much better. An anecdote. My child got a skin infection at camp -and it spread, and I had no idea what it was until finally my google searches revealed it (I thought it was a typical rash or bug bite -no fever with it). Anyway my doc told me that actually neosporin made it almost worse for some reason -he had to do oral antibiotics plus antibiotic ointment. A few weeks later, I got it - now it might have been unrelated I guess but I'd never had that one ever, don't get skin infections so it was really unusual. And I didn't add it up in my head so I also didn't go to the doctor right away which made it worse. So I'd even maybe have a physician's assistant look at it -or, is there a nurse hotline you can call or even better a way to send a photo of it to a medical professional??

Again I'm really sorry this happened and hope the swelling is much better soon.

Oh I am so sorry! So because of the swelling I would get it checked out tomorrow if it's not much better. An anecdote. My child got a skin infection at camp -and it spread, and I had no idea what it was until finally my google searches revealed it (I thought it was a typical rash or bug bite -no fever with it). Anyway my doc told me that actually neosporin made it almost worse for some reason -he had to do oral antibiotics plus antibiotic ointment. A few weeks later, I got it - now it might have been unrelated I guess but I'd never had that one ever, don't get skin infections so it was really unusual. And I didn't add it up in my head so I also didn't go to the doctor right away which made it worse. So I'd even maybe have a physician's assistant look at it -or, is there a nurse hotline you can call or even better a way to send a photo of it to a medical professional??

Again I'm really sorry this happened and hope the swelling is much better soon.

I hope so too!!

I remember when my son got a staph infection on his skin as a 4 year old. He was so so sick. His skin was actually peeling off.

It might just look worse than it is .

Geeze that must have hurt like heck.

The skin doesn't seem to be broken though so I think it's just swollen from the "pinch" of the bite. If the skin is broken then yes, go to the doctor and make sure. They say a human has a whole slew of various bacteria swilling around in there.

Archived