LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abuse and Child support.

Abuse and Child support.

I was with my EX for nearly 4 years. I was her slave. I did everything she wanted. She abused me mentally emotionally physically and verbally. I cant stress how extreme the abouse was. She would be nice in public In front of her friends and times yell at me in public and she loved hurting me. She is really good at acting she is really good at faking. Even though i got some video on recording. She made something up on video so I wouldn't be able to use the recording. We use to not live together, so I paid child support then we moved in (i paid child support firectly for the baby) and I thought that I didn't need to pay. We both worked, but after living together for 8 months it was to much for me and I finally had the courage to leave. Now I get a bill of 3500 and my passport is being denied i cant leave the country. Even after i left i got things for the baby. When I left the baby wasint with her, her step mom took care of my son, and I asked her that we need to go to court and cancel child support or we will both need to pay togeter. A day later I find out that she took the baby and went back to the shelter. I emotionally cant deal with this. I dojt trust her with the baby. And I definitely dont want to pay her directly as I dont trust her. And I paid child support till now. Now I dont want to help at all and I just want to figure out how I can figure this out in court and hopefully take the baby when I am more settled financially. Can anyone give advice? Its usually the men who abuse in relationships but in here it's the women who was extremely abusive and I dont know if the court will see my side I am afraid of even going to court or to ask her to come with me I will feel she will use this against me somehow.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    You need to get a lawyer. Pronto.

Platinum Member
    Have you sought legal counsel?

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    You need to get a lawyer. Pronto.
    I am afraid of fighting with her in court. If I get a lawyer the process will be immediately. And fights my start. And I am really afraid and trying to avoid at all cost.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by abesherman
    I am afraid of fighting with her in court. If I get a lawyer the process will be immediately. And fights my start. And I am really afraid and trying to avoid at all cost.
    You have to fight her then you have to regardless . Putting it off wonít stop the inevitable .

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    You have to fight her then you have to regardless . Putting it off wonít stop the inevitable .
    Is there no other way? Like maybe convince her to come in court with me to stop this child support together? That's what I am hoping would happen. And I would pay her directly with what I can give.

Originally Posted by abesherman
    Is there no other way? Like maybe convince her to come in court with me to stop this child support together? That's what I am hoping would happen. And I would pay her directly with what I can give.
    What I am asking is how I should do it when it comes to the legal system?

Platinum Member
    If your passport has been denied, itís already going through the courts and she already most likely has a lawyer. They donít deny your passport just because she said so...

You need to see a lawyer... this train is already moving...

You canít stop child support. You made a baby together. Child support is not about her it is about your child .

Originally Posted by RedDress
    If your passport has been denied, itís already going through the courts and she already most likely has a lawyer. They donít deny your passport just because she said so...

You need to see a lawyer... this train is already moving...
    Exactly, if they have pulled your passport she has gone to court get yourself a lawyer, pronto . You are doing yourself no favour trying to figure that out yourself .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice